• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MOBO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

HI, EVEREEEBODEEEE!

Just wondering what MOBO to get, I have a SOYO P4X400 Dragon and i'm tired trying to figure out how to unlock the bios to allow me to select a 133FSB CPU. So im gonna get a new board. You decide for me please.

IT7 Intel 845 (audio, LAN, RAID, DDR333)
Legacy Free design! $209.00CA

or

6398e 845E MAX2 i845e ATX DDR, 478 pin
(audio/LAN/USB2/RAID) $239.00CA

I read so much about these i cant decide no more. Is there anything better for OCing? I have 2.4a(Costa Rica) and its at its limit with [email protected] on the SOYO garbage board. The thing is i know this CPU will run [email protected].

Which one should i get, any input would be great.

Thanks.
Kam :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.4A @ [email protected]
512mb 3200XMS Corsair C2
SOYO P4X400 DRAGON
RADEON 8500 @285/285
SCSI chetah 10,000 on 29410 Adaptec

Where did you get that price for an IT7? That comes with all the cables and everything?

I priced mine at $259 at a store, then $224 at ncix.com.

IT7

www.bestbytecomputer.com/main.html then select motherboards from the right hand side.

Its a local retailer near my house. They have allright prices for this board because no one is buying them....? Hmmm....

Well thats it, check em out.

Kam

Those are outragrous prices, my IT7 was $135 at fry's, I think they're cheaper at newegg.

steve

Edit, newegg $131.00

LOL!! Canadian Prices Man

^DUDE

Note the CA part next to the figures. LOL, our money is worthless remember.

Bought the IT7 board and RMAd the SOYOP4X400 right the hell back to Taiwanee or wherever. Now i realize my 2.4A cant doo much more then 2.7@113FSB. Screw it, this all sucks butt wholees.

"hehehhehehh, uhhhhh........ you said butt wholees!!"

Kam

D'oh sorry I didn't realize you were from the great NORTHwest.

steve

No wurries, ay. Tis gonne be ok, alright.

Not a bad deal, now i have to swap my 2.4A for a 2.4B any one know what would be a good FPO/BATCH for a great overclockable CPU?

Kam

Back