• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Monitor???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmystoba

Registered
Why do temps vary depending on which software I use to monitor my cpu?

MBM gives me 50C(cpu) + 39C(case)

PC Alert 4 gives me 54C(cpu) + 39C(case)

???????????????

AMD Athlon 2000+XP (Akasa AK-785CU H/S+fan 35dba)
Coolermaster SAF-S82(Exhaust, rear)
MSI KT4 Ultra SR
Geeforce2 MX440
256 PC333
40G 7200rpm
8G 5400rpm
Liteon writer
Budget ATX case with 400W P/Supply
Windows XP Pro
Temp's = Load 58.5C(cpu) 41C(case)
Idle 53 C(cpu) 38C(case)

jimmystoba said:
Why do temps vary depending on which software I use to monitor my cpu?

MBM gives me 50C(cpu) + 39C(case)

PC Alert 4 gives me 54C(cpu) + 39C(case)

???????????????

AMD Athlon 2000+XP (Akasa AK-785CU H/S+fan 35dba)
Coolermaster SAF-S82(Exhaust, rear)
MSI KT4 Ultra SR
Geeforce2 MX440
256 PC333
40G 7200rpm
8G 5400rpm
Liteon writer
Budget ATX case with 400W P/Supply
Windows XP Pro
Temp's = Load 58.5C(cpu) 41C(case)
Idle 53 C(cpu) 38C(case)

I have the same question. I am using fuzzy logic and it seems to be consistant 40-42c I think pc alert is screwd up or something

jimmystoba said:
My 'Fuzzy logic' is the same as my 'PC Alert 4'

Really? hmm mines not they are entirelly different, but fuzzy seems to be more accurate after watching it a while.

I've always found MBM to be consistantly good though I can't say i've tried it with your motherboard or chipset. Were there any utilities on your mobo CD? Perhaps give that a try.

you can't really blame the monitor . . . i know mbm only takes the info that the bios supplies . . . if you really want accurate temps, you're going to need to get yourself a temp probe like digidoc or equivalent, and slide it in between your heatsink and your chip, and see what it says. i know that's not perfectly accurate, either, because you prolly won't be touching the core, but it's better than the little sensor sitting underneath the chip on the mobo. of course, this is all moot if you have a cpu with a temp diode and a mobo that can actually read it.

Back