• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which motherboard after bad A7V333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i810 Forever

After my troubles with an A7V333, I'm RMA'ing the board to exchange it for a different mother board.

I will have $118 credit to get a different board, and so far I'm looking at the Epox 8K9A (KT400) or the Abit KX7-333 (KT333). Both are cheaper than the Asus, and which is faster and which has a higher chance of working out of the box? :p

It will be used in conjunction with:
Athlon XP1600+ AGOIA Y 212
Mushkin 256MB PC-3200.

Thanks again!

I had 2 bad A7V333s from NewEgg. Returned the 2nd one for a credit and bought an Abit Ax7-333 locally (got hosed on the price, but didn't want to wait for another RMA to go through.) It's AWESOME. After playing with 2 d.o.a. A7V333s the Ax7-333 has a much nicer layout, almost no jumpers, and is built like a tank (oh, and it works!) I've got my 1600+ (AGOIA) @ 180x10 right now and it's stable as can be. If you have a soundcard (no onboard sound) I highly recommend the Ax7-333.

Fred Koser said:
I had 2 bad A7V333s from NewEgg. Returned the 2nd one for a credit and bought an Abit Ax7-333 locally (got hosed on the price, but didn't want to wait for another RMA to go through.) It's AWESOME. After playing with 2 d.o.a. A7V333s the Ax7-333 has a much nicer layout, almost no jumpers, and is built like a tank (oh, and it works!) I've got my 1600+ (AGOIA) @ 180x10 right now and it's stable as can be. If you have a soundcard (no onboard sound) I highly recommend the Ax7-333.

AX7-333 it is! Glad to hear I'm not alone with a DOA A7V333. The KX7s are indeed supposed to be built like a tank, on the review at [H]ardocp Kyle said that there was a crushed capacitor on the board from shipping, but it still worked great out of the box!

my kx7 is up to 195fsb right now. I am definately liking this board. I cannot tell you anything about the epox board, but i LOVE my kx7-333r

Back