• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which of these monitors would be best to upgrade to?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I respect you guys' opinions on these subjects so I was just wondering which one would you guys purchase?

Thanks again guys for all the help and knowledge from hanging around here for 6 years.

Last edited:
What are you going to do with it? Game? Productivity? What do you have now?

Link doesnt work for me. Link the monitor options you narrowed it down to directly...

What is your budget? What size and res do you want?

Last edited:
All gaming. Could use it to game and use google with split screen instead of having to tab/alt all the time. Right now I have an Asus PG279Q. There are 2 reasons why I want to upgrade.
1. I would like a curved monitor bigger is always better too (future proof).
2. The 2 yr warranty runs out in 2 months and I need to buy another monitor or return the one I have and get the same one to extend the warranty another 2 yrs.

My budget will be around $1400.00 Here are the options.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/484980/Alienware_AW3418DW_341_IPS_WQHD_Curved_Gaming_LED_Monitor

http://www.microcenter.com/product/502868/Predator_X34_34_IPS_QHD_Curved_Gaming_LED_Monitor

http://www.microcenter.com/product/463165/PG348Q_ROG_SWIFT_34_IPS_Curved_QHD_LED_Monitor

2. The 2 yr warranty runs out in 2 months and I need to buy another monitor or return the one I have and get the same one to extend the warranty another 2 yrs.

If something is wrong with it why not just RMA it anyway?

How is bigger future proof??? Size really has nothing to do with being futureproof.

The heck kind of racket is that you are trying to pull? LOL!

Anyway, your three choices... Neither? For gaming, why not get the 27" Acer Predator IPS that is 144Hz? I'd prefer a high hz monitor if the primary use is gaming.

EDIT: I see they are all high Hz. All IPS... I'd say its up to you. Read a couple of reviews on the monitors and see what they say.

Why are you returning a perfectly functioning (as we can tell) monitor? Just because it is under warranty doesn't mean you can/should just return it because you want something better/nicer....

I apologize guys but you do what you have to do when you only get $700 a month.
...maybe consider not buying a monitor and putting that money in the bank or something if that is the case. Seems like you have a great monitor as it is and no money to really spend when you say such things...

But, cheating the system because you don't have enough money isn't the answer either. If there really is a problem, then return it. If there isn't and you are poor, don't go off buying $1400 monitors. :)

Last edited:
Why are you returning a perfectly functioning (as we can tell) monitor? Just because it is under warranty doesn't mean you can/should just return it because you want something better/nicer....

This.

Back