• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one is should I get? 9800XT for $405 or 9800Pro for $245?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subaru

Disabled
I'm trying to get one of these this weekend. My friend gave me those prices from his employee discounts at Compusa.

Which would you guys prefer?

Evnas

jonwessel said:
IMO the xt is juss an OCed Pro. So if u must have XT performance get the Pro and get a nice heatpipe for your card! Then OC it

The sweet spot of the XT isnt the performance...its the hardware monitoring and OverDrive ;)

pkrew

jonwessel said:
IMO the xt is juss an OCed Pro. So if u must have XT performance get the Pro and get a nice heatpipe for your card! Then OC it

Well, not quite true. The XT is quicker clock speed for clock speed. About 400 points in 3d03. I'm not sure it worth the extra dough though, but then I love having one.

{PMS}fishy

For the price its hard to justify the XT. I guess go for it if you have extra money and you don't know what to do with it. Otherwise I'd be all over the Pro.