• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one is the best??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

i ordered a antec smartblue 350W and it should be here soon. but today i saw a antec truepower 330W and a antec smart power 300W in the store, i have a p4 2.4C, asus p4p800 dlx mobo, seagate sata 120gig hdd and kingston hyperx pc3200 2x256dr new setup. i was thinking which of those 3 psu's would server me best?? i know the smartblue has those cool fan led things but i really dont care about looks as long as its stable and can support me.

That PSU will be stable. Antec is well-known for the quality of their PSU's. It will a lot of things in your computer. I have a TP430 and it powers everything inside of the case and then some stuff outta the case. Before I sent it to be modded, I had it running 4 optical drives, Raptor, 80mm Tornado(CPU), 7 case fans, and a green cold cathode. So, your PSU will run just fine.

Here, these should shed some more light on the situation:
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62822
http://www.ocforums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=232592

Yeah, those are all good. But if you are gonna be doing any serious OCing, I would recommend something over 400W IMHO.

I would dismiss the 300w right away - they tend to be a bit weak. The 330w True and 350w SL will likely power the system fine, but will hinder the overclock of a P4. I would suggest the Truepower 430w or higher, or the 530w Fortron units.

Some minor corrections... HEC and Compucase are both Heroichi, and both Aopen and Zalman are Fortron.

I believe I'll drop my recommendation for the True 330 as well... starting to hear things about their reliability. Stay with the Smartblue if you've already bought one - it's not the value that a 350w Fortron would be, but it's the best of the 3.

Back