• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one should I go with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Itachiii

Hey guys, I'm planning on grabbing a new PSU for my upcoming build and I'm to choose between two:
EVGA Supernova 750 G2 and EVGA Supernova 650 P2. They cost exactly the same price in my local stores so the question is: Do you sacrifice 100W of power for Platinum certification? My build consists of an i5 6600k + GTX 1070 FTW which will be overclocked as far as they can go for daily use (7-8 hours). What would you buy?

Thx in advance!

I would go with the 650 P2 unless you plan to add another card to the rig and even then you should be ok. The 650w will be plenty and gaining the 100 watts really gains you nothing as compared to the slight benefit of the platinum rating.

Do you have to buy from the local store? If not I would consider a 650w G2 and possibly save a little money.

I would go with the 650 P2 unless you plan to add another card to the rig and even then you should be ok. The 650w will be plenty and gaining the 100 watts really gains you nothing as compared to the slight benefit of the platinum rating.

Do you have to buy from the local store? If not I would consider a 650w G2 and possibly save a little money.

No plans on a second card, I'm building in a Prodigy :p . I was a bit hesitant as far as the wattage goes, because FTW can draw more power than the SC or FE and I don't know the overvoltage requirements it would need to push it as far as it can get.

The tdp on the 1070 is 150 watts. Even overclocked I don't see the card pulling more than 225 watts on ambient cooling. Add in another 125 watts If you push your cpu also and 75 watts for vour system peripherals and you are at 425 watts. Which is still plenty under 650 watts and would be a worse case scenario.

The tdp on the 1070 is 150 watts. Even overclocked I don't see the card pulling more than 225 watts on ambient cooling. Add in another 125 watts If you push your cpu also and 75 watts for vour system peripherals and you are at 425 watts. Which is still plenty under 650 watts and would be a worse case scenario.

I will be watercooling. Add in a DDC 3.2 pump and as much as that GTX 1070 FTW can draw on a NexXxos XT45 240 and a NexXxos XT45 140 :p Will it still be enough?

Last edited:
Back