• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one to choose between those two?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marinkog

Hi!

I'm thinking to buy this heatsink SWIFTTECH MCX462-U for my socket 423 P4 1.7 I just don't know which fan to choose between those two

Enermax 80x80x25mm

or

Thermaltake A1357 80x80x25mm

actually I have Thermaltake A1357 80x80x25mm in my other AMD system and I think its little too much noice, should I go with Thermaltake which is lightly less noise ?
is there any difference are the pretty much the same
any suggestions ?

thanx

Last edited:
OP
M

marinkog

since this heatsink can be used for other sockets,
I was thinking I can use it for my next system
so I don't think its a wasting of money,

any other suggestions?

Rasputin'sLiver

counselor of clock
batboy said:
Why waste good money on a crap CPU?

c'mon man, no matter what cpu the guy has, he has a right to ask us for suggestions. :(

let's try to be helpful if we can cuz some people are trying to get the most out of what ever equipment they currently have.

batboy

Senior Moment
My point is that the Willamette really don't need a better cooler, because it won't overclock that much anyway. Save your money for a real upgrade. I've seen good used socket 478 mobos at the same price as a new Swiftech. In the meantime, I'd just pull that stock heatsink off, lap it, and reinstall it using Arctic Silver. Maybe put in a case fan. That will get you by until you can get a Northwood setup.

tonyou

The enermax fan has a smaller range of speeds you can choose from but is quieter at the lowest setting. The thermaltake is better if your cooling need is greater.