• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which OS on your P-4 system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whick OS on your P-4 system?

• Windows 98/98SE

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Windows ME

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Windows NT

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Windows 2000/2000 Pro

Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Windows XP/XP Pro/XP Corp

Votes: 474 82.7%
  • Other Windows OS

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Linux

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Other non-Windows OS

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters

batboy

Senior Moment
For those with P-4 systems, which operating system do you use? If you have a dual boot, which is the primary OS? If you have multiple computers, which is OS is run on the majority of them.

XP Pro here and luv'in it . :D

So far XP has been great thus far (last 6 months) on my main Intel rig .

(XP runs great on my *sssshhhhh* AMD systems too :p)

(Linux Mandrake is on the side lines sitting for now)

stereo555

Last edited:
After you spend 15 minutes converting XP back to classic windows they look pretty much identical ;)

BTW Batboy you left out Windows 2003 which is what I've been running on my P4's with HT.

why cant i select more then one os? i run more then one p4 system and run more then one os.

right now i have up and running (folding of course)
win xp pro
win 2k server
win 2k ws pro
Mandrake
Knopix (loadded on to the HD not off of the cd-rom)

TC said:
After you spend 15 minutes converting XP back to classic windows they look pretty much identical ;)

BTW Batboy you left out Windows 2003 which is what I've been running on my P4's with HT.

"Other Windows OS"

TC said:

i do run my xp as classic. but i think xp navigates better than 2K. the recycle bin is different too.:D

jdmcnudgent said:
i do run my xp as classic. but i think xp navigates better than 2K. the recycle bin is different too.:D

lol thats the first thing i noticed when i installed 2003, it was basiclly the same settings i run xp at :p

jdmcnudgent said:
XP all the way. although, i may play with W2KPRO sometime soon.:)

really i dont like the navigation of 2K, i used it at school, and i just really didnt like it. i like XP much better.:cool:

Ummm U used it at school? And most likely they didn't show you any short cuts...XP IS 2000. Just looks a little mor comfey.

jdmcnudgent said:
i would say they are not exactly identical. when using 2K, its a different feel as apposed. and little things, like the desktop icons. i like a clear desktop.:)

Any OS can run a clear desktop.

Back