• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which OS on your P-4 system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whick OS on your P-4 system?

• Windows 98/98SE

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Windows ME

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Windows NT

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Windows 2000/2000 Pro

Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Windows XP/XP Pro/XP Corp

Votes: 474 82.7%
  • Other Windows OS

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Linux

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Other non-Windows OS

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters

batboy

Senior Moment
For those with P-4 systems, which operating system do you use? If you have a dual boot, which is the primary OS? If you have multiple computers, which is OS is run on the majority of them.

stereo555

Overclocking is music to my soul
XP Pro here and luv'in it . :D

So far XP has been great thus far (last 6 months) on my main Intel rig .

(XP runs great on my *sssshhhhh* AMD systems too :p)

(Linux Mandrake is on the side lines sitting for now)

stereo555

Last edited:

TC

Senior Seti Addict
After you spend 15 minutes converting XP back to classic windows they look pretty much identical ;)

BTW Batboy you left out Windows 2003 which is what I've been running on my P4's with HT.

dagamore

why cant i select more then one os? i run more then one p4 system and run more then one os.

right now i have up and running (folding of course)
win xp pro
win 2k server
win 2k ws pro
Mandrake
Knopix (loadded on to the HD not off of the cd-rom)

OP
batboy

batboy

Senior Moment
TC said:
After you spend 15 minutes converting XP back to classic windows they look pretty much identical ;)

BTW Batboy you left out Windows 2003 which is what I've been running on my P4's with HT.

"Other Windows OS"

jdmcnudgent

TC said:

i do run my xp as classic. but i think xp navigates better than 2K. the recycle bin is different too.:D

kiltz

jdmcnudgent said:
i do run my xp as classic. but i think xp navigates better than 2K. the recycle bin is different too.:D

lol thats the first thing i noticed when i installed 2003, it was basiclly the same settings i run xp at :p

SmokinR6

jdmcnudgent said:
XP all the way. although, i may play with W2KPRO sometime soon.:)

really i dont like the navigation of 2K, i used it at school, and i just really didnt like it. i like XP much better.:cool:

Ummm U used it at school? And most likely they didn't show you any short cuts...XP IS 2000. Just looks a little mor comfey.

SmokinR6

jdmcnudgent said:
i would say they are not exactly identical. when using 2K, its a different feel as apposed. and little things, like the desktop icons. i like a clear desktop.:)

Any OS can run a clear desktop.