• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which program to test 1/5 PCI divider?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<Grisu4>

Hi,

I just built up a test system with a 8KHA+, TB1.0B, GF256DDR, 128MB Micron (runs 168 MHz), Maxtor 30gig.

Which program is best to test if there's a 1/5 PCI divider??

Yes, of course there were threads about it and most said that the chipset doesn't support the divider which is in the clock generator. But there are similaries between a KT333 and a KT266A producing data corruption and the same FSB speed.

Is already testet with UT2003 benchmark and it gave me a little lower fps score when running 166 that 165.

Even the supportment of 2600+ (and more of the 8KHA+) and the message PC2700, 333 MHz when running @ 166 MHz could mean a thing.

RnPgrosz

The 8KHA+ does not have a 1/5 divider so theres no use testing for it. Besides SiSoft Sandra only recognizes the 1/4 divider. Secondly, the KT333 and the KT400 are the only Via chipsets that support the 1/5.

OP
<Grisu4>

<Grisu4>

I'm still looking for a program to test PCI performance to show how oc'ing influences it.

Would HD Tach show a improvement when PCI-Bus is overclocked?