• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Reservoir??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
No beneift, as res is a res in most cases. Get which one fits the best in your case and is pleasant to your eyes.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
IMO you would be better off with seperate components instead of a combined unit. I've been very happy with this pump and reservoir. You can go with a bay res instead of the micro, as that's a personal preference thing.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Ouch... I needed to click on the links! I would also look elsewhere for seperate pump and res...

MCP655 and Swiftech Microres is what I have.

OP
jmdixon85

jmdixon85

Well I was just trying to keep things simple, cheap (and tidy) combining the res & pump. Is the single res I linked to not very good? Even for just a CPU only loop?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
I dont know what pump is in there to even give you a guess. Maybe someone knows or you can look it up and find out?

I would still stay away from those combos.

OP
jmdixon85

jmdixon85

I have to admit the single bay res pump looks on the whimpy side. The dual bay res pump looks it could handle a lot more and was recommended to me buy someone here at O/C Forums. Think I will pay the extra for the dual res, will look a lot better in my HAF932 too.

J-O_S-H

Out of the two you linked the dual bay one is superior... its the revision 2 (is fairly new) with a quieter pump and is much better looking with the black face plate

Be aware though that you will need to bend or cut out the bay dividers to fit in a HAF932 to fit dual bay products... you may also need to remove the click lock things.

I, like everyone else, would suggest that a seperate pump and res is a better option... however I used and XSPC pump/res in my first loop and it worked flawlessly...

Another option would be to us a MCP355, LaningDDC with the XSPC reservoir top... it improves pump performance and feeds water directly into the pump without the need for tubing.

If you can get a good price on this (bidding) then it will be perfect ::

Code:
[url]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laing-DDC-1plus-T-12V-18W-Pump-XSPC-Pump-Top-Reservior_W0QQitemZ140359102904QQcmdZViewItemQQptZComputing_ComputerComponents_Fans_Heatsinks_SR?hash=item20ae0df1b8[/url]

J-O_S-H

On second thought if you insist on a bay reservoir you can get this ::

Code:
[url]http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/product.php?productid=9084&cat=1289&page=1[/url]

Its a bit pricier... but you get a good looking bay reservoir and a good pump that many watercoolers would reccommend without taking up extra space...

There is also room for another pump in case you ever wanted to add another loop.

NitroMaster

Registered
I wouldn't get the single-bay res. That's what I have, and temps run high. I'm regretting buying it, and am getting something else. It will work, I have an i7 and a 1x120 rad, and my computer runs, just not real cool.

J-O_S-H

I wouldn't get the single-bay res. That's what I have, and temps run high. I'm regretting buying it, and am getting something else. It will work, I have an i7 and a 1x120 rad, and my computer runs, just not real cool.

Sound like your problem is not enough RAD... i7's produce lot of heat... would reccomend a 240mm or a 360mm if overclocked @ 4GHZ+
... Also that pump only runs a 200LP/H which is very low also.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator

Just to reiterate J-O-S-H's comments, it doesn't run real cool because you've got too little radiator for an i7. Those things need a 120.2 to do a decent amount better than air cooling. Like I said in your other thread, the amount of liquid has no bearing whatsoever on the cooling ability of your loop. None, zilch, zero.