• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which SSD should i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With drive management software implementing support for SSDs, TRIM support isn't as important as it once was. That being said, it's still nice to have. OCZ drives definitely support TRIM. As an added bonus they have Garbage Collection firmware available as well. That's especially important in your case since you'll be raiding the drives since GC works on the firmware level and will work with any OS and in RAID configurations.

Of the two you have listed I would go with the OCZ drives. Although at the price point two of those comes at you might also consider the 80GB Intel drives if you can find a good sale between now and time to buy. For a similar price you'll get 30% more storage space and substantially better random read/write speeds which I believe is the biggest benefit of SSDs outside of seek times. You'll lose a lot on sequential read/write speeds, but if that's the deciding factor you might as well be looking at mechanical drives and pick up a lot of extra storage while you're at it.

Back