• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which temp proggy do I believe??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kinglouiex

MSI's program reads like 5C higher than speed fan or cpu cool, should I believe the MSI program since I have a MSI board thanks.

a c i d.f l y

Dude, all programs are sketchy, simply because the onboard sensors are sketchy in the first place. I'd just go with an average of the collection if any at all. Temps shouldn't be any different between the programs? Make sure your programs are reading the right sensors... MBM is a pain in the *** having to select/guess which sensor is what based on BIOS and Sandra temp results.

-Frank

Zerileous

is there anything that is more simple than MBM5 i have that problem too-not so much on previous systems iv been working with but this Soyo TISU is a nightmare i cant figure it out nothing looks right, one sensor gives 17 celcius then im getting 117 c. crazy

Zoilo

Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Zerileous, try SpeedFan. I am going to try it soon myself, but I heard it's a good program, and easier than MBM.

jlin453

don't rely on software. hardware is the way to go :) Compu-nurse or any other temperature probe isn't too expensive.

Toysrme

Agreed.

Until you test more or less the entire curve of the motherboard. Do more than just idle/load... Otherwise, what's the point anyways???

It shouldn't be trusted any more than two arrows that point hot or cold should.

If it happens to be reading off a TC, it should be trusted once you know how far off it is until you:
A) Bump the case
B) Remount anything in the case

At which point you should test again.

I'm surprized noone said "What differance dose it make if it's running well" yet.

Zoilo

Once Bitten, Twice Shy
This motherboard (GA-7VAX) uses the LM-90 remote function on MBM, which reads from the probe in the CPU and I hear that it's accurate, but I have no way of testing, myself as temp probes don't let the HS sit properly on the CPU.