• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which temp to watch in MBM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Hey guys, I am using an asus motherboard with an XP2100. Which heat temp is more important to watch, the diode or socket temp?? There is a 10 degree difference between them but I wasn't sure which one I should be conserned about more.

Thanks!

DoubleJ8

I still use MBM5 but, I got fed up with the varying temps so, I hooked a temp sensor into my motherboard and taped it to the CPU. Now I've got an accurate CPU temp. Just to be safe though, I'd say use the hotter temp reading.

vipergtsr1736

Check to make sure that both of your temps change. On my MBM5, there are 3 diodes to choose from, all except the third say 77 degrees constantly regardless of what I am doing. This is because there is no #1 or #2 sensor, but MBM5 doesnt know it and is getting confused. Just check to see what sensor makes the most sense, (i.e., temps increase under load, decrease at idle, etc.) Find the best one and stick with it. If they both seem right but one is higher than the other, go with the higher one I suppose, just to be safe. You dont want to wind up looking at the one that says 100 degrees, when really you are about to fry your CPU because the true temp is much higher. hope this helps!;)

rxc

I watch the diode the most, that's the one that should change the most when you go from idle to full load.