• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Ti4200-card is the best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which Ti4200-card is the best?

• Abit Siluro Ti4200 OTES 128Mb 3.6ns

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Albatron Ti4200P Turbo 128MB 3.3ns

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • AOpen Aeolus Ti4200S 128Mb 3.6ns

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • ASUS V8420S/TD Ti4200 128Mb 3.3ns

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Chaintech TI4200 SE 128Mb 4ns

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • GainWard Ti4200 GS 128Mb 3.3ns

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • Leadtek WinFast A250 LE TD Ti4200 128Mb 3.6ns

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Point of View Ti4200 XP 128Mb 3.3ns

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • MSI G4Ti4200-TD Ti4200 128mb 3.6ns

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
anything with 3.3ns chips

I think we as consumers are bombarded with variety of brands of GF4 Ti4200 cards. Consideration to pick the best VGA is rather of personal taste and budget consent. For examples, some consumers feel more comfortable with ASUS due to its quality and stability and consequently consumers pay the premium for ASUS name. On the other side, some consumers are budget conscious and looking for the lowest price for the highest performance. This Albatron cards probably qualified in their shopping list. So, in my opinion, I think anything with 3.3ns chips is the best GF4 Ti4200 cards around today.

TheFrag said:
I find this poll basically pointles sin the most part. People who have only had a single ti4200 will just vote for the one that they own. That doesnt exactly mean it is the best.....
I doubt that too (as The Spyder did).
Many have looked at different reviews and made up (been convinced) their own mind about which card they think rocks. All doesn't by default wan't to buy the fastest one (with most overclockability) but the card with the greatest bundle, price, the one that is really quiet and so on. Some maybe choice card after the vendor, one that has own for example Abit cards and never had a problem thinks it is of good quality and would lay their money on that card, or if they have changed their mind and what to try a new ("better") vendor.

So you see I believe just because you own a specific card you don't by default vote for that, if you follow the tests/reviews you can easily change your opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, and if I had a piece of junk G4ti4200 I wouldn't vote for it. If nothing else, the albatron wins the popularity contest, and with numbers like that, I'd say there's a reason other than a pretty looking card.

TheFrag said:
People who have only had a single ti4200 will just vote for the one that they own. That doesnt exactly mean it is the best.....

I voted for the Asus and I current do not own or ever will own one... they're "the best" due to their long-lasting reputation for quality products (and get great reviews for their 4200 card). They are always "the best" in what they do. Doesn't mean I am willing to fork out the extra 20+% for one of their cards/motherboards, etc... ;)

The poll specifically says "the best" gf4 ti4200, not which one you own.

Of course, I agree completely that people will likely just vote for the one in their machine. I've read tons of reviews for the gf4 cards and have something of an intelligent opinion, but not everyone has wasted the hour(s) to gather the information to form such and opinion.

i voted other as i have the msi 64 mb ti4200.as stated before i read alot of reviews before i got 1 and i was going for the best bang considering i beleive all these cards will be outdated within a year.mine oc's great(allthough i dont run it oc'ed because i have the software hack to a quadro 4 700xgl).it is fast stable and looks really good at high res in games and videos.i did install a few of the games that came with it but now the kids play them all the time.

Triplex...

I have a ti-4200 triplex. and I love it, I have it set at about 640 on mem and 355 on core, gettin 12800 3dmarks, bought it on ebay a few months back for $125....

Runnning a P4S8X with a 2.4/533 set at 145f, giving me about 2.6

getting passmark scores of 365...

I just started this thread (see link) before I read this poll. I like the Abit Siluro Ti4200 OTES 128Mb, it's awesome, but a little more expensive than some of the rest. That's the card I'm probably buying within the next day or two.

I know this is a Ti4200 poll, but Leadtek has a Ti4400 card for the price of many of the the Ti4200 cards.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=145328

Pinky said:

Of course, I agree completely that people will likely just vote for the one in their machine. I've read tons of reviews for the gf4 cards and have something of an intelligent opinion, but not everyone has wasted the hour(s) to gather the information to form such and opinion.

heh

I've done review after review after review for the past week. I'm betting I've done many more hours on reviews on video cards than the average Joe Bob.

From all my readings I have concluded that among the top ones are Asus, Gainward, Leadtek, and Triplex. I don't have enough information on the Albatron to make a judgement on that one.

Some of you might not know it, but there's different series of Ti4200's out there. The 64MB versions will generally be faster when you have lower graphics settings (1024x768) etc, while the 128MB cards will be faster at higher settings (1600x1200).

It is said by many reviewers that unless you have a huge monitor (19 inch and bigger), or play at high resolutions, it's probably better to go for the 64MB versions, as they are faster and they cost less.

Also, even the 128MB version cards, there's enhanced models that cost $40-$60 more than the "plain" 128MB versions. For Example, the Albatron Ti4200P 128MB is not the same as the Albatron Ti4200XP Turbo 128MB that everyone talks so dearly about.

Is the $40-$60 increase worth it? Or is the money better spent on a slightly faster CPU and increasing overall speed? That's up to you to decide.

When you read reviews, it's important to note the exact model/MB on the card.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/articles.hwz?cid=3&aid=490&page=6

http://www.bench-house.com/vidito.php?sid=103

Last edited:
WATCH out for Bunk ALbatron cards!

There are 2 models, 1 with Samsung memory and one with Etrontech memory.

The EtrontechPic memory cards are the ones hitting insane Stock voltage Overclocks.

The samsung memory cards (one i have) DO NOT hit ti4600 speeds on Stock voltage/cooling. my maxes at 300/650 in 3dmark, but gaming the card artifacts and reboots at STOCK SPEED.

Even thos both memory is True 3.3ns, The samsung does overclock Horribly compared to the Etrontech.

This is the card WITH the Etrontech memory. The card with the samsung memory has differnt Ramsinks. The samsung ramsinks DO NOT have the HOLE in the sinks.
here

So please For anyone looking to buy this card. Call the company/online store BE$ you buy and ask WHICH batch card they have. (tell them to open the boxes and check the sinks.
If you dont you are wasting your money!

99% of samsung albatron based gf4 turbos DO NOT overclock past ti4600 speeds at Normal cooling/voltage. Be warned if you mod the card ie. as3, lap the hsf or anything else, you may not be able to RMA. Albatron is making this very CLEAR that its the online stores Choice to rma your card or not if it doesnt overclock to 300/650(4600 speeds). Also You do not have a right to RMA the if it doesnt over to 300/650 or higher ENLESS the online store says OVERCLOCKING to 4600. NEWEGG had that listed when i bought mine, and removed it shortly after.

BE warned, This card is not Something you should buy enless you can find the Etrontec memory based cards.

Feel free to message me aim/email whatever if you need help on these cards. i will be making a FULL site w/ links, pictures, etc on this cards issues, with help and what to do.
Thanks

Dissolved said:

So please For anyone looking to buy this card. Call the company/online store BE$ you buy and ask WHICH batch card they have. (tell them to open the boxes and check the sinks.
If you dont you are wasting your money!

Will they do that for you?:eek:

Albatron Turbo is the best. At stock its FAST, and my Samsung outfitted runs at 4600 speeds (see sig). Will go to 310/700, but artifacts badly in 3Dmark, and games.(stock voltages) At current speed, I can loop 3dmark, and all is fine :) Great card :)

Highlander said:
Albatron Turbo is the best. At stock its FAST, and my Samsung outfitted runs at 4600 speeds (see sig). Will go to 310/700, but artifacts badly in 3Dmark, and games.(stock voltages) At current speed, I can loop 3dmark, and all is fine :) Great card :)

I just got in my new Albatron, it has Purple caps (my first one had silver) and 310/650 run perfect in 3dmark. got 12,509pts.

So now i know for sure albatron really jacked up making these cards. Theres at least 4 different models.. useing 3 kinds of memory and 2 kinds of caps so far.

Back