• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which to take Throton or TbredB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jesus666

Registered
OK, I'm into buying a new CPU because mine is a pretty poor OC Voltage is not going over 1,85 and even on that voltage it's not stable on 2,0GHz

My QUestion which would be better for OC
1700+ DLTC3 TbredB
1800+ DLT3C TbredB
or
2000+ DUT3C Thorton?

Some how i'm ore into getting my self a 1700+ cause I ve noticed that its the best OC arround ,what do you think?
Thanks

I have a 2000+ Thorton, it does 2250 MHz at 12.5x180 and 1.8V perfectly stable/prime. Probably goes higher too, haven't tried yet.

Depends on the week of the CPU that you're gonna get, if you get a locked thorton then its not as good as an unlocked TbredB as the Tbred will have a lower multiplier allowing higher FSB speed to max out the chip.
If you get a pre-week 38 Thorton, it might be more worth it as you might be able to reactivate the disabled 256KB of L2 Cache

get the t'bred b....as long as it's a DLT3C JIUHB chip...otherwise the thorton would be a good gamble, following the coolest's remarks....

Well the problem is that a Shop is today getting its last shipment of 1700+, As far I 'm inormed at the moment Rhortons are sold out in teh Copmuter shops in Zagreb /croatia so the posibility of getting a locked Thorton is very high.
OK so it'll be the "magical one" 1700+DLT3C, whish me luck!

Back