• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

Im putting my system back together but I need tubing, i was using clearflex 1/2 inch ID from dtek, but its all staind and ugly so i need to order more. Ive read about how lots of people are getting theirs from www.usplastics.com but there are so many different types of tubing its not eve funny. Bah the link wont work, but its in the "Tygon® Clear Tubing for Chemicals 5/16 inch O.D. thru 2-1/2 inch O.D." section.

Its in the tygon section under chemical tubing, is the right tubing to use? I have no idea what most of the others are, theres polyuerthane, polythelene (sp? :( ), chemflour? I see there are also 3 different kinds of the chemical 1/2inch tygon with different wall size and psi ratings, which one should i get? does the psi matter?

walkerIV

Tygon 1/2" id with 1/16" wall is the most popular, although 1/8" will be less prone to kinking.
I think with good setup we can get up to 10psi in the system but the average wc setup is lower.

Soja

You're looking for Tygon Formulation: R-3603

Clearflex is only 65 cents a foot over at mcmaster. Check page 81 at mcmaster.com under "chemical tubing." It should show clearflex60 on the left and tygon 3603 on the right.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
I was running some Tygon R-3603, and then I switched to the 1/8" wall clearflex. I have to say that I'm much, much happier with the clearflex...it's much more easy to work with.

OP
Spanko

Spanko

do i get the clearflex 1/8inch wall @ mcmaster? where is it, this website has got to be hardest damn thing ever to navigate :(

Soja

Go to page 81 like I said above. The 65 cents 1/2" 1/8 walled is Clearflex60. It doesn't list the name but it is cflex60.

Soja

Ouu you're right, it's page 85. Mcmaster is so frustrating to navigate and browse sometimes :mad: