• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Typing Tutor program???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petreza

Hi,

I would like to learn to type fast (and the right way). Which training program is considered the BEST???

Thank you!

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
Mavis Becon is a good home typing tutor. You can get version 8 for ~$10 at Staples in the bargan software rack. WalMart has it too.

The one I used at college was better but cost more than XPpro full retail. So I scratched it off the list.

OP
petreza

petreza

Audioaficionado said:
The one I used at college was better but cost more than XPpro full retail. So I scratched it off the list.

Was it any good though? I think that sometimes colleges and companies will pay huge amounts for something that you can find a substitute for 1/5 of the price.

for a price >$299 it better be good.

eab

I used Mulitmedia Typing Instruter. Its desinged for middle school kids and stuff. You travel around the world typing and such. Good program but old don't know if you can find it. Mavis Beacon is pretty good I heard though

Mr.DLucey

At my local library I was able to get Mavis Becon as a loaner program. Check your library, I bet they have a typing program that you can check out. If not ask and they may order it.