• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Wireless Router??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

The three i'm looking at are the

Linksys: WRT54gs
Dlink: DI-624
Netgear: WGR614

Has to run NAT(so i can share my cable) and be nice if i could easily disable the firewall.

Which do i want? I've ran Dlink and Netgear routers before, the netgear seems to work better for me (for games)

thanks

Mark620

ThePunkGeek said:
I've ran Dlink and Netgear routers before, the netgear seems to work better for me (for games)

I would say, you have answered your own question....

OP
ThePunkGeek

ThePunkGeek

I've never tried linksys, and reviews on it look good. I do like DLink over netgear, just the security on the routers won't allow to disable the firewall completly. I could just open all the ports tho, which is like the same thing.

Linksys or Dlink...??

nut581

i personally own SMC 2804WBR 54G, and it has not let me down once ..
MAC address filtering, WEP, WPA, SSID disable, Hardware firewall, VPN support, Ports open/close, etc ...

not once did I ever get disconnected from my wireless network using my laptop (XP pro with SP1).

Yodums

I run the WRT54G and I think it's a great router. 2 months with no resets, no disconnects and lastly, open firmware. What more can ya ask for? The GS is just better if you plan to transfer through a network, doesn't really benefit how you surf the net.

Anyways, I can only speak for the WRT54G since I've only used that and haven't really read up on other brands.