• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Xp Has Most Potential For Oc'ing???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nakman8

Will be ordering an XP this week for my new system. Wanting to know which XP has the most potential for hitting 2Gigs. The 1800 seems to have the most bag for the bucks right now. Will be cooling with an Alpha 8045. Planning on ordering the Abit 133
mobo with PC2700 memory.

Thanks for the input

Rezman5

IU dont think that you can hit 2 Ghz with air cooling and with ALOT of extra voltage, but good luck trying! I think that the 1800+ or the 2000+ would get you there

jazztrumpet216

Senior @ss
I've heard the new 2100+ AGOIA stepping has promise, and it will be released in some lower speed processors (I know the 1600+ for sure and I'm thinking in the 1800+ as well). I'd say if you can find this stepping, it's your best shot at 2GHz.

Yodums

1500, 1600, and 1800 have some great overclocking potential. They usually hit around 160fsb with good cooling (Alpha PAL8045 does seem great), and if you unlock it, you can get higher.

Yodums

maxima88

Yodums post makes me feel really bad about buying a 1700+.:(
That's what I get for not doing my homework.

Yodums

maxima88 said:
Yodums post makes me feel really bad about buying a 1700+.:(
That's what I get for not doing my homework.

Hey, I really didn't mean it that way, just that out of the XP Series, I just gave in my two cents that those chips overclock better than others, although the others still overclock very well.

Sorry if it meant a little harsh. :eh?:

Yodums

maxima88

Yodums, I certainly didn't mean it to sound like you were putting me down.
I just wanted to to express my displeasure w/ myself for not doing my research before taking the plunge. I just wish I knew more about XP cpus at the time I bought it.
My system wouldn't boot up & I took it to the pc shop and they showed my that I had chipped the core of my 1200 tbird cpu.
So I had no choice but buy another cpu and it was the 1700+ that was offered to me since they did not have the 1200 tbird in stock.
You have nothing to apologize about. You and the forum have been a great source of knowledge.