• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED White UV Cold Cathode?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
X

---X---

I know that 99% of UV cold cathodes are black/purple, but seeing a turquoisy-ish UV cold cathode at Bestbyte got me thinking. Are there white UV CCs available anywhere?

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
The color represnted by the images on different sites is caused purely by the differences in film and camera quality. UV is a spectrum that most cheaper cameras can't capture properly so it will appear more white.
All UV CCs generally look the same bluishy-purple color.

MEAT BAG

Maybe they mixed the phospherus compounds for the UV and the Blue and got that.....i dunno

OP
X

---X---

Sucks to be drawn in by misleading names :eh?:

Captain Slug

Helpful Senior Member
I just put my white CC tube next to my UV CC and it glowed BRIGHT blue.
So the "blueish" UV CC may have actually been mixed with the phosphors or a white CC.

knif_00

The 8 inch Cathode Tube in put in my mod is known as "INDUSTRIAL WHITE"
When switched on, it makes the window look extremely GREEN, thanks to the transparent green plexi I put in as my window.
If you are wanting a cool temp WHITE light, then do check out this linkage ::
http://sidewindercomputers.com/caselighting.html

(they are currently on sale :))

Click the link
They offer multiple colors and styles but the kits they provide are excellent for that lighting mod on your PC.
Hope this is what you needed my good man,
knif_00
:)

knif_00

Maybe I didn't understand what he was looking for.
But usually when someone asks if there are any "white UV CCs available anywhere?" And a person gives them the place to get them, the question is answered...
Just trying to help him out so don't jump my hind-quarters over it!!
Just being friendly

OP
X

---X---

White UV is white AND UV, not just white. I know a few locations of regular white cathodes ;)

Thanks for the effort though.

That white and UV trick of yours sounds interesting, Captain Slug, and might actually be a feasible solution. Thanks :)