• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has a Voodoo 5 6000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMan0234

Does anyone have a voodoo 5 6000? From what I have read, this card was supposed to be an absolute beast, too bad it never made it to main stream. Does anyone have one? How does it perform? How far have you overclocked it and how does it feel to be one of the few owners.........

Someone at MadOnion.com has one, and he only gets about 3000-4000 3DMarks with it in 2001se. Not the greatest card, but he posted some pics of it and it is HUGE!!

I have seen a couple of pics of them. Those things are so cool looking...8 fans!!! Awesome! But the performance is just not really impressive. I bet even a basic GF2 Ultra or Ti would beat it in almost all cases. Never ming a GF3 or GF4. Those things are worth alot of money though...I saw one being sold for over 300 dollars b/c of how rare they are!

I would love nothing more then to see the return of 3Dfx. It is my ultimate life dream to build a company that might be HALF as good as their's was..... What the hell ever happened to x3dfx??? They were supposed to be a refuggee for all 3dfx lovers. WTF happened? Check out their page, www.x3dfx.com. Forums are still active.

I would sploooge my pants and buy whatever they told me to buy if 3DFX came back.

HECK! I would do that if Nvidia's next card is called the Voodoo 6! Can you imagine the BOX? WITH THE FREAKY FACE!! Damn, I would buy that card in a second.

grunjee said:
Long live 3dfx, I too hope they return someday. If you ask me, their demise was one of the great tragedies of the computer industry in recent years.

i completely agree on that. the only thing that could be just as bad is AMD falling...........

*knocks on wood* i hope i didn't jinx them :eek:

anyway, there's a few V5 6000's floating around. i would love to get my hands on one.

LONG LIVE 3DFX!! i'm still running a V3 3000. awsome card, it still plays some of the new games. (not too good but playable)

Does ne1 knoiw if anything will happen with x3dfx? Check my poast above for the site, it says they were making a new 3dfx company. Grunjee, i totally agree with you. 3dfx was the only computer company that I had a true trust for. There will never be a company that could live up to their status. If only they had released that Rampage card they were working on, it was supposed to be better than the Voodoo 5 6000..... I also heard that you can buy a Voodoo 5 6000, but it comes at a price, $15,000 from Quantum 3D.

Crystal Meth: What were the other two companies, and did they just absorb the terchnology like Nvidia, never to be used again?

quegyboe: Do you have a link to the madonion project? I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
why is that $1,000 when i can pick up a geforce 2 mx for $30 and it pwns this card?

The only way a geforce2 mx would own the voodoo 5 6000, would be to buy $1000 worth of them, and rig it all up into one massive video card.

It's $1,000 because it is a collectors item. Who wouldn't want to own a video card with 4 processors and 128mb vram?

Keep in mind, that all this come from a 3dfx fanboy :D

quegyboe: Do you have a link to the madonion project? I couldn't find it.
I don't think you can search up the project on the ORB. I don't remember the guys name anymore either, (don't visit MadOnion.com anymore). Why don't you go join the MO forums and ask for yourself?

Maximum pc has some benches from 1 in an article I read. It is not a "beast" and is rather slow and required an external power brick to run also.

It would not have saved 3dfx from suffering its fate either, it would have cost about $500.00 back then to buy anyway.

And here is a little tid-bit for you... 3dfx was also brazen enough to make a black project mobo w/ onboard 3dfx video !!!

And it seems that project "Rampage" is still shrouded in mystery 2 years after 3dfx has bitten the dust...

from what ive heard in DX7 games it rivals the Geforce3 and in DX8 games it gets owned still....daddy like!

Back