• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who here is running an SL-75FRN2 with corsair xms ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNamelessOne

Anyone? What is the highest stable FSB you guys have gotten with that combo? My computer can't seem to get stable at 200 fsb and I'm not sure what the problem is, after all my chipset has the C1 stepping. I heard something about nforce2 mobos not liking corsair xms unless it's the twin pack and I would like to hear other people's experiences.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
I also have some Corsair TwinX PC3200-LLPT (512MB), and it does run 200fsb.
I've read several comments from other Soltek/Corsair users who say that the mobo is undervolting the memory somewhat so you should be running it at 2.8v.

What are your settings for multi and stable fsb? Voltage to the CPU is another area you should look at.. what are those settings? steppings... etc. etc.??

Looks like my best performance is 11.5 x 200 using 1.7v to the CPU and 2.8v to the memory. I don't mess much with the chipset voltage, but I heard you can safely increase it .1v and still be cool.
I haven't tried relaxing timings and going for more fsb, but I need to.. I have a DLT3C 1700+ on the way to toy with, so I'm waiting on that before I start.

OP
TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne

I think you misunderstood me, I have one stick of corsair xms pc3200 not twinx. Here's the story, whenever I run memtest86 at 200 fsb, no matter what the multiplier is or what the timings are, it freezes on test #5. At first I thought it was the ram and I posted in the corsair help forums. Ram Guy replied saying to test the memory at 166 fsb and 2-2-2-5 timings and if it passes then it's not the ram but either the mobo chipset or the cpu. Well sure enough it passed without freezing, and it actually passed at 198 fsb and 2-2-2-5 but at 200, always freezes. So I'm thinking maybe it's my mobo chipset but I have the C1 stepping and isn't that supposed to handle 200 fsb? So now my theory is maybe my ram doesn't like my board or vice versa. Oh btw, I have the vdimm at 2.8, and the vdd at 1.7.

drewthomas14

TheNamelessOne said:
I think you misunderstood me, I have one stick of corsair xms pc3200 not twinx. Here's the story, whenever I run memtest86 at 200 fsb, no matter what the multiplier is or what the timings are, it freezes on test #5. At first I thought it was the ram and I posted in the corsair help forums. Ram Guy replied saying to test the memory at 166 fsb and 2-2-2-5 timings and if it passes then it's not the ram but either the mobo chipset or the cpu. Well sure enough it passed without freezing, and it actually passed at 198 fsb and 2-2-2-5 but at 200, always freezes. So I'm thinking maybe it's my mobo chipset but I have the C1 stepping and isn't that supposed to handle 200 fsb? So now my theory is maybe my ram doesn't like my board or vice versa. Oh btw, I have the vdimm at 2.8, and the vdd at 1.7.
go past 200 and try. maybe 202 or something

OP
TheNamelessOne

TheNamelessOne

I tried 203 with 10x and it still froze. But now I'm pretty sure it's the chipset because I set fsb to 166 and memory by spd which set it to 200mhz 2.5-4-4-9 and it passed test #5. Unfortunately there is no way to test with lower timings because for some reason with the new bios you no longer get any ratios other than auto and by spd. Anyone know what is up with that btw?