• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who made this 9700 ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXenViRii

Anybody have a clue ???

box9700.jpg

cullam3n

That's a tough one. I'm tempted to say Hercules but that just doesn't sound right. Usually they would have Hercules/Guillemot written all over the box.

-PC

funnyperson1

id say its a company weve never heard of, some small chinese job....most of the big Ati partners (Ati, Powercolor, Hercules, Sapphire) would have their logos embaloned all over

OP
HeXenViRii

HeXenViRii

lol , its the card "Mymak" has , he bought it in the czech republic ..

Mymak wrote on 11-18-2002 05:46 PM:
Cau,
co znamena (CMB: Some company in CZ ) ?
Koupil jsem ji v Levi (vymenou za 8500 LE + doplatek), vypada na original Ati, ale na krabici neni vyrobce.

HeXenViRii wrote on 11-18-2002 11:49 PM:
Sorry , my czech isnt that good

Mymak wrote on 11-18-2002 05:55 PM:
Oops, sorry, I thought You are from CZ (flag in your avatar).
So in english: what does it mean (CMB: Some company in CZ ) ?
My card looks like original Ati, but there is no manufacturer printed on the box. I bought it in Levi store.

HeXenViRii wrote on 11-19-2002 12:01 AM:
i know "yak se mas" hehehe , i am learning slowly tho ; CMB is just short for "Card Made By" if you look at some of the other cards with different manufacturers you will see CMB & Card Made By on them . I just use CMB for some of the longer lines to keep it on the same line (for a 1024x768 screen) ... does the card have "built by ati" or "powered by ati" ? it usually on the front on the top right corner of the box . if it says "powered by ati" then someone else made it .

Mymak wrote on 11-18-2002 06:10 PM:
My card has label Powered by Ati on the box, manual is printed in Canada, but manufacturer is unknown - I see white label Made in China on the back of the card.

HeXenViRii wrote on 11-19-2002 12:12 AM:
hmmm , that is weird . if it was put together my someone else im sure they would have plastered their name all over the box ... do u have a picture of the box ?

Mymak wrote on 11-18-2002 06:25 PM:
Fresh foto of the box is here: http://mymak.wz.cz/obr/box9700.jpg

HeXenViRii wrote on 11-19-2002 12:32 AM:
That is really odd ... i posted the pic in the forums ( if u dont mind) to see if anyone will recognize it ... if someone does ill post the card make in for you ...

Mymak wrote on 11-18-2002 06:59 PM:
Thx, I hope anybody can recognize it.
wBR
Mymak

Mymak

Registered
Yes, it's my photo. Thanx to all for their opinions. I did a big and long search at Ati's web site and found method how to identify card with so-called "102 Part number". And result?

My card is Built by Ati, Radeon 9700 128MB VGA DVI TVOUT NTSC.

This is strange, because here in Czech not NTSC, but PAL is used for TV broadcast. And I cannot change it in bios, because Radedit v.1.1 says bios is Not valid Ati bios. :confused:

oops

Check on the card, I had one retail "original ATI built Radeon 8500 275/550", and it was bought from newegg, but on the card it labeled ----------- "Made in China".

Mymak

Registered
Here is another photo. You can see text Made in China and part number which says Built by Ati. Btw on CD with drivers is printed "Replicated in Hong Kong".

label9700.jpg

oops

"Made by ATI"..... I think most ATI products are made in China.
I was a little suprised to see how many computer stuff around here are "made in China". I got my Logitech Z560 4.1 from newegg, and it labels "made in China", same to my Antec True 480W PSU.......haven't checked other stuff yet,

and so far I haven't seen a single opitical mouse without label as "Made in China".

Really few stuff are "made in the US".

I am thinking, how do you Americans live? :) With all the foreign companies produce goods for you.

oops

Is there anyone here works for the army? check out to see if there is "Made in China" on the M16, M1A2, and F-22...........lol

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
i don't complain about all of the computer stuff being made in asia... it keeps the prices down some :) as long as there is still some business in the US, it'll all be good. i mean, why do you think all the technology is in california? it's close to asia, that's why :D

Henry Rollins II

Mymak said:
Yes, it's my photo. Thanx to all for their opinions. I did a big and long search at Ati's web site and found method how to identify card with so-called "102 Part number". And result?

My card is Built by Ati, Radeon 9700 128MB VGA DVI TVOUT NTSC.

This is strange, because here in Czech not NTSC, but PAL is used for TV broadcast. And I cannot change it in bios, because Radedit v.1.1 says bios is Not valid Ati bios. :confused:

Take it back to the store and trade it in for an AK 47.