• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoa! Best game of Warcraft 3 ever!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Yikes, this was great. Replay is attached.

UD + NE vs Human + Orc

It started okay, got a few archers and a priestess and a keeper of the grove. Then I was rushed. By about 5 grunts + farseer and 5 footmen + mage. We (me and my ally) just managed to hold the enemy off. The second time, they beat us. I manged to escape with both heroes and a few wisps. Set up an altar, ancient of war and some moonwells on my allys base. We thought we were done for.

The enemy then left a lot of troops just outside the base. A few hit and run attacks had depleted them quite a bit, and then we managed to overwhelm and defeat the humans. Both heroes were now level6. The orcs had a lot of wyverns and grunts.

So we attacked anyway, and I used the killer combo: tranquility and starfall. The enemy cant take out the priestess: she can starfall quite happily and will recover any damage done. Even killing my Keeper of the Grove takes some time. So they killed the KotG but by that time I had wiped out their army.

Came back from a rush, beat overwhelming numbers of enemy troops, and won :D

David

EDIT cant remember which replay it was. Better fire up WC3 and find out. Will post the replay soon.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
That's great! It's been a while since I've seen a Warcraft 3 thread in Games.

One of the best combos to do now w/ a UD/NE mix is to get the PotM up to Starfall, and then AMS the PotM. Few things can stop that! :)

We should hook up for a game! It's been a while for me.

baqai

who do you play as Oni & David? i play as UD but having a orc partner can really help

we had a game of 2 UD & 2 NE vs 2 Orc 1 UD and 1 NE we literally wipped them out :D

Orc's are just too strong in melee :eek:

Oni

Orcs are phenominally strong in melee, but elsewhere, they're a little lackluster.

In 1.03, they kinda nerfed the NE a bit, so I've been a little hesitant to play. The DH is my favourite hero.

I play as 0ni (w/ a zero, not an 'O') on Azeroth (USEast) when I do play. Usually end up in channel Overclockers.

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
dnelson_444 on US East or Europe. Usuall US East.

Yeah we need to have a game :)

David

MospeadasDark

Heh, I didn't know people still played.

I work from 9-21:00EST or 4-16:00GMT. I know my serious beatdown playing style kinda turned off people from playing against me..'cept David=)

If you're ever up for a game feel free to msg me.

ICQ 78772321

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
What about we arrange a time?

How about channel Overclockers, friday night, 8pm GMT?

David

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
AaronP said:
Nice job there, which heros did you have by the way?

Priestess of the moon and Keeper of the Grove. My ally had a Dreadlord and ghouls. So the Orcs went and got air units, which my units stomped :p

They both reached level 6+, so my Priestess did starfall and my Keeper did tranquility, so if the enemy:

- didnt attack either of them, they get squashed with starfall
- attacked the priestess it would take them some time to kill her, during which.... they get squashed with starfall.
- attacked my Keeper of the Grove, he is healing so it takes them some time, then they still have to kill my priestess after that.

Check out the replay, linkage in 2nd post.

David

Oni

Ok, so Friday, 3:00 PM EDT (8:00 PM GMT)
US East (Azeroth)
Overclockers

*scratches sticky note w/ info*

My favourite heros are the DH and the PotM, but I do like the KotG on occaision. Force of Nature is a very nice creeping spell, imo.

specific

i have the game, but i must admit that i don't play it much. i just listen to them talk.

"what you want me do? who you want me kill?"

cracks me up

OP
David

David

Forums Super Moderator
Depending on how many people turn up I was thinking we should have a 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 first against each other, so we can identify other players weaknesses. Then we figure out how we can rememedy those weaknesses and and play as a team. ie, if 4 people turn up we have a 2v2 then go arranged teams of 4 vs arranged team of 4.

David