• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoever said 1600+ Agoia Z= Zero OC was wrong!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IR1

I just got my 1600+ Agoia from NewEgg. After reading about the different experiences I read one about a guy who got a z and couldnt get past 166 fsb with a 8x multi.

So when I saw that I got a Z I was a bit dissapointed but thought hey thats only one guy whose Z sucked.

Well with chip locked and voltage stock I was able to hit 166 I havent tried higher, I will in a sec.

here is the chips info.
Agoia 0226UPAW
Z1514281716

Here is a picture that XPlains all.

http://ianr.hypermart.net/gtapics/clock2.jpg

Milkman

Like you said not all chips are created equal, what one Agoia Y does may not be what another does, so maybe the Z will clock you, 166 Fsb isn't bad for default voltage!!

mamer

RnPgrosz

No AGOIA steppings(ie Y,Z,9) are bad overclockers but some do overclock better than others. Y 0213 are generally the best chips. A good one can do 1.8 GHz at default voltage. 1750 MHz is great but the real test comes around 1.8 GHz (whether it can be done with stock vcore or not).

ronin1967

I am running almost the same exact processor as you:

AGOIA 0226ZUPAW
Z1514282258

have her running 166*10.5 at defualt Vcore/Vdimm 100% stable Prime95 12+hours Just put her in a new motherboard so I am waiting before I start OC'ing her.

Keep me posted

OP
IR1

IR1

Well there was a thread about a guy who could not get past 166x8 with his. His was like a negative overclocker... hehe. I was just refering to that. I know 1 guys Agoia Z doesnt mean they all bad. Ill be burning this sucker in all night :burn: