• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoops....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flux

I've just a couple of new things for my main machine - new GFX card, new PSU, new memory - and they cost a pretty penny. But I don'y really mind the cost as I have a pretty nice machince for it. Problem is that now I don't have enough money for either food or rent, or my credit card bill. Am I the only one stupid enough to do this? And was it worth it?

Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4800SE - £160
Enermax 431W PSU - £60
512Mb Corsair XMS PC2700 - £70

Money Left - Bugger all

OP
flux

flux

no offense, but what were you thinking?

Thinking? Come again? If you mean the images in my brain at time of purchase, they were of playing BF1942 super smoothly with 64 players, Splinter Cell looking gorgeous as ever, and D3 actually being playable. Oh, and lots of pointless violence and sex, but thats there all the time anyway.

Zerileous

ya, you shold seriously consider setting up a budget plan so you never spend too much money and can always afford the necessities.

OP
flux

flux

ya, you shold seriously consider setting up a budget plan so you never spend too much money and can always afford the necessities.

Thats not the problem. The problem is that I think they are the neccessities!