• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whos fast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@crilicM@n

Someone could give some information on what is faster: A notebook equiped with a CeleronT 1,33 ghz or a duron 1.1ghz?

I think its the celeron becouse of the 133mhz bus and the duron is probably 11x100mhz isn´t? The dam sites don´t say anything else about the type of memory or the chipset used. The compaq site is bad to navigate, has failure on loading imasges and full of broke links :(

Any recomendation with embasement would be apreciated, since I don´t have access to any benches of notebooks, maybe we can think about it by our desktops... The celeron is $150 more. Is it worth? Both come with 20gb HD 256 mb ram, 14 tft screen...

the Celeron should be faster unless theyre using DDR with the Duron.....id doubt they would do this though...and i still dont think its worth the extra 150$....most important thing, what video card comes with it? also i would suggest buying from dell or someone else:)

Hy Funnyperson1 .... The Dell here are costing the eyes of your face...! twice the price...!!! I´ve seen integrated video and some have the ati radeon mobility, wich i think is the best solution arround....
I´ve seen lots of PIV notebooks... None of these with rdram, so I think they suck in fromt of a tualatin celeron or Xp based notebooks....

The Durons put out less wattage than the Celerons do. So if anything I think that the battery would last longer with the Duron. I have a 1.1 @ 1266 duron in a system (desktop) and its smooth as slik. It is a lot faster than my Celeron 1.1 @ 1636. Both are running a 133 bus (o/ced) but the Duron has the ddr advantage. Find a Duron with DDR and that would be your best bet. Duron still gets my vote over the Celeron.

Back