• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who's the 'coolest' ocforums member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ridenow said:
Same here about Malphine Walis, it just sticks.

I know why we like Oni, but can not say.

The coolest member, when he was a member, will always be ShadowÒÓ. He has a sense of humor that is just wonderful.

Ridenow, you have said too much...I can read very well into things...haha.
Oni is a very nice young man... :p .

Ridenow, you are a cool member, don't sell yourself short.
:cool:

I miss Shadow, tell him to come back and say Hi!

Matt

Skip first (since he was the first to make me feel a part of this community), with Malpine Walis a close second. It's more than just appreciating (and remembering) what he says, it's that he actually remembers me even when I only lurk for months on end.

[SPEECH]
Malpine for President :clap:
[/SPEECH]

DWolf:cool:

Well skip is really cool for starting these forums.

I.M.O.G.- he's really nice but that doesn't make him any less cool

@md0cer-I think he should be a senior. He takes care of the folding mentor list, and is a really active member

mbently-just plain cool and knows lot about networking

Maxvla-avatars :D, also knows a whole bunch about everything and has a nice sense of humor

Yodums-just plain cool

SSS, Mr B, Lutawisca- keeping classifieds troll-free

cw823-just plain cool
A whole bucnch of others too.

Last edited:
Starfoxer said:
I was always the coolest.

yo! You got a new avatar! I did not recognize you until mdcomp mentioned it. Welcome back!! (if you left for a while...but maybe you just changed your av).

For now, I just want to say...there are ALOT of people here at OCforums, it would be too many to list without getting a moderator mad, and I cannot pick out who is the "coolest," but I will mention all of the Folding Mentors that I give assignments to first. These guys all sacrifice allot of their time to help out FAH Team 32, and I know for some of you, it must be really hard with only being able to PM 5 members at a time. Also, having to put up with my Nazi-like encouraging announcements……….. :cry:

Great work folding mentors!

Now...on with other people....lets just say I am not going to list it...but if you are unsure if you are regarded by me as the "coolest" member, go ahead and PM me, but there is roughly a 99.7 percent chance you will be one of the "coolest" members. That’s why I love this place...just about everyone is awesome.

-0cer
:cool: er....since this is the "coolest" member thread I should probably sign with a :) instead of my usually :cool: lol.

EDIT: I might add that ALL of the seniors are excellent members as well. I give each and every one of you a thumbs up. I know some/most of you, and all of you that I have seen make a post, including those I know and do not know, you all have made some breath taking posts. But especially, mdcomp, IMOG, and David, I know you 3 pretty well, or am just starting to get to know you (feels like I have known you guys for a long time by reading your work on the forums), you three I have witnessed do outstanding tasks, I will not name specific people, but I have seen you break up flames, have outstanding patience with members that are less than friendly and treat them with respect, offer insanely good feedback on ideas, have awesome ideas, and carrying them out, such as IMOG who started the Folding Mentor program that I have started running and love doing it. I believe mdcomp is doing an excellent job with AAR, David setup a lot of the rules and ideas that made the failed ‘Emergency 911’ section possible at the time. They all are active in Forum Feedback when the staff is busy in the real life ( I know how that goes..trust me…) This has just been to mention a few of the things they have done THAT I HAVE NOTICED. There are others that I am sure have made significant contributions that I did not see, senior, staff or otherwise, and that is why I reached this conclusion on who ARE THE TOP 3 COOLEST MEMBERS:

*drum roll*

• You all are pretty damn cool in your own ways. It would be an apples to oranges comparison to rate someone cooler than the other.
  • Everyone at OCforums…as long as you have not done something horrible…you are the coolest for making this forum what it is!
  • If I were to pick the member that I thought was the coolest, and he/she was the only one and there were no other members…OCforums would suck bigtime…it would be like a fancy AIM window :D

And those are the special 3. w00t w00t!

Last edited:
I'd feel bad if I labelled anyone specifically, and not others.

I've made a lot of friends here. People I joke with, and people I talk seriously with, and even people I share debates with... You know who you are. :)

@md0Cer said:
I might add that ALL of the seniors are excellent members as well. I give each and every one of you a thumbs up. I know some/most of you, and all of you that I have seen make a post, including those I know and do not know, you all have made some breath taking posts. But especially, mdcomp, IMOG, and David, I know you 3 pretty well, or am just starting to get to know you (feels like I have known you guys for a long time by reading your work on the forums), you three I have witnessed do outstanding tasks, I will not name specific people, but I have seen you break up flames, have outstanding patience with members that are less than friendly and treat them with respect, offer insanely good feedback on ideas, have awesome ideas, and carrying them out, such as IMOG who started the Folding Mentor program that I have started running and love doing it. I believe mdcomp is doing an excellent job with AAR, David setup a lot of the rules and ideas that made the failed ‘Emergency 911’ section possible at the time. They all are active in Forum Feedback when the staff is busy in the real life ( I know how that goes..trust me…) This has just been to mention a few of the things they have done THAT I HAVE NOTICED.

Thanks for the recognition @md0cer. I am very honored to be recognized, but even more honored to be mentioned with David and IMOG. David and IMOG are two of my close senior buddies and I think they are absolutely amazing seniors. Whether it's calming down a flame war or helping out a n00b, they are always there. Their time and dedication to the forums is evident every single day. It feels great to be mentioned in the same sentence. Keep up the great work fellas.

By the way, @md0cer, you aren't too bad yourself. Your posts are impressive, I admire your helpful and positive attitude. I see your time and dedication, as well. You still manage to find time even though you have to send out all those Folding Mentor private messages. Keep up the good work.
:)

Matt

mdcomp said:
Thanks for the recognition @md0cer. I am very honored to be recognized, but even more honored to be mentioned with David and IMOG. David and IMOG are two of my close senior buddies and I think they are absolutely amazing seniors. Whether it's calming down a flame war or helping out a n00b, they are always there. Their time and dedication to the forums is evident every single day. It feels great to be mentioned in the same sentence. Keep up the great work fellas.

By the way, @md0cer, you aren't too bad yourself. Your posts are impressive, I admire your helpful and positive attitude. I see your time and dedication, as well. You still manage to find time even though you have to send out all those Folding Mentor private messages. Keep up the good work.
:)

Matt

Thanks for the compliments mdcomp and Andyman, I am quite speechless....at the moment acutally.....

Captain Slug said:
Not me!
*hides

Don't give me that bull ****! :attn: You have done many outstanding mods, and you personally gave me help and advice I will never forget in countless PM's. :thup: I still have not started my project, but I have been budget/time/and willpower restricted.

EDIT: Long time no see KlowD9x! Welcome back!

*sniff*

You love me! You really love me!

First and formost I'd like to thank God, then my dad and my grandma, and the makers of Pocky, and Al Gore for inventing the internet . .

This award means so much to me!

* Oni realizes he's not actually holding an award, just an old heatsink.

I got two

Capt. Slug - Uve helped me make wise decisions when i started purchasing stuff for my first computer. I was going to go to Fry's Electronics (or Outpost.com) to buy all my stuff , but u saved me and showed me the light to the 'egg (newegg.com).

SSS- aka SilverSinkSam - for keeping the classifieds the safest ones that i know of.
(i still havent recieved 1 of my 8 little black heatsinks, LOL)

damn u MAXVLA :D
u got one of heatsinks thats y u had an extra.

Oni said:
*sniff*

You love me! You really love me!

First and formost I'd like to thank God, then my dad and my grandma, and the makers of Pocky, and Al Gore for inventing the internet . .

This award means so much to me!

* Oni realizes he's not actually holding an award, just an old heatsink.

Wait...I didn't get a heatsink, all I got was some dust from an old heatsink...Hey!!
:p

Thanks for always making me laugh Oni.
Matt

In no particular order.
Oni-awesome sense of humor
christoph-awesome alternative OS mod
Arkaine32-^
Captain Slug-awesome mods and always helpful
SSS-Thanks for keeping the classifieds safe :)

I know I haven't been on this site very long, but I always feel comfy to visit. My interpitation on who is cool...

1. Someone who helps the person who breaks somethings and calms them down, then says here, we can fix this together... without even a thank you in return.
2. A kind person who never discourages unconventional ideas, even if they seem to be wrong. They just help them understand how a better way can be achived, without telling them they are wrong, and flaming a thread.
3. Anyone who has taken the time to help make this such a great place to visit!!
4. A person who never stops doing 1, 2 & 3
So far all the upper level members fit this, and many more lower level members. I never seen a uncool person because the staff/ senoirs remind them to be "cool" This is a very well run site. My hat is off to Skip!! :D

Back