• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why can't i get my 3dmarks higher than 11k ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i.t

Registered
I have a 2.4b 533fsb @ 2.88GHZ / 160FSB
Corsair 3200 ram @ 2,3,2,5
lastest VIA and Det drivers ..
no AA settings
Albatron 4200ti Turbo @ 315/690 ! max stock overclock

And my 3dmark is ONLY 10200 !!!
What gives ? I think i'm goin to cry :(
Is my system sucky or what ?

I'm praying for someone to help me ... pls

BuccKevin

Yeah that score is kinda sucky for your set up. I don't know what's wrong with it but you should be getting scores of 12,000+. I get 13888 with my computer right now.

OP
I

i.t

Registered
what ram settings are you running ?
Is there any thing in the windows XP i have to modify ?

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
From my experience, 40.41 is the fastest det for XP, while 40.52 is the fastest for Win2k, but what you got there is an Intel system.

Try 40.41, turn off AA, Vsync, set Mipmap detail level to 'best performence'.

Use the most aggressive memory timing, along with highest combination of CPU/FSB.

Shut down all back ground programs(MSM, ICQ, FIREWALL, etc.), defrag and reboot.

Your system should be scoring in the range of 14k-15k, keep pushing!!!

Cisco Kid

should be scoring easy 14k, what was in your system previously for a video card cause you have some major cpu power to achieve 14K

I always say fresh format when you install a new vid card unless you stay with the same brand of card and they use the same drivers

Kato gave some great suggestions!!!!

cisco kid

TheFrag

maybe add some better cooling and try to OC higher. I think you should get advise from kato, his ti4200 turbo is at 330/725!

asw7576

VIA drivers?

Are you using VIA chipset for Intel P4? If so, then you can blame the VIA chipset drivers. You should try to reformat the harddisk and reinstall the windows from scracth.

If still doesn't work, most likely Intel doesn't want to share its high tech recipe since VIA doesn't want to pay Intel either in patent rights infringements.

nodsetse

Something is definitely wrong there, your rig should smoke mine!

P4-1.6a @ 2.4GHz, Abit BD7
DDR at 150MHz/DDR300, slow timings
64MB GF4ti4200 @ 300/560

With this setup, I get 12157 3DMarks. Let's hope the suggestions posted in this thread get your score up to what your system is capable of! Also, please post a link or URL to your results. ;)

nodsetse

Cullam3n said:
I have a slower system than you and I get higher marks.
-PC
Should anyone be surprised about that? I'm not, as I have an XP1600+ too, so I'm very familiar with how it performs. My comment was based on comparing P4 with P4, not AMD, so I don't see how your post really pertains to this thread. You also have a ti4200 that OCs much higher than mine is capable of, which is another reason you get better results. Was there a point you were trying to make? :confused:

Kato

Addicted Tweaker
Nodsetse, I don't think Cullam3n's post was directing at you...I think he was posting at i.t's rig:beer:
Just some misunderstanding, thats all:D

I.t's rig I think are having some software/driver problems, and thats not too hard to solve...may be he solved it already:beer:

cullam3n

Sorry I was busy figuring out some math application.

No I meant that his system should smoke my system. But it isn't. So there is something wrong.

You might want to try canceling any programs in the background and defragmenting.

-PC

-PC

nodsetse

Kato said:
Nodsetse, I don't think Cullam3n's post was directing at you...I think he was posting at i.t's rig:beer:
You may be right, Kato. Of course it's difficult to determine such when a person posts immediately after you and they don't quote anyone. ;)

Cullam3n said:
No I meant that his system should smoke my system. But it isn't. So there is something wrong.
Who's system are you referring to? Sorry, but it's still not clear. :eh?:

EDIT: I take it your subsequent post suggesting a course of action was meant to imply your were discussing the thread starter's system. Sorry for the misunderstanding! :beer:

Malakai

Kato said:
From my experience, 40.41 is the fastest det for XP, while 40.52 is the fastest for Win2k, but what you got there is an Intel system.

Try 40.41, turn off AA, Vsync, set Mipmap detail level to 'best performence'.

Use the most aggressive memory timing, along with highest combination of CPU/FSB.

Shut down all back ground programs(MSM, ICQ, FIREWALL, etc.), defrag and reboot.

Your system should be scoring in the range of 14k-15k, keep pushing!!!

holy **** those Albatron Ti4200's are for real?

care to tell me what cooling and/or voltage mods you did? id hack some serious hardware for speeds like that at the price of a 4200...

cullam3n

Ok I was referring to the first post in this thread. Sorry if there was any confusion. I realize my first post in this thread was very confusing.

-PC