• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why cant I play Counter Strike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbslow

I installed Hlaf life/Counter Strike off a cd bundled with a ati 8500 but I cant get the games to play the save game feature will not work either. This is the 1.0.0.3 version does anyone have any ideas?

Chris-the dude

Yeah, as far as I know, not even the retail version of counter-strike has single player missions. Just wait untill CS: Condition Zero comes out!:D

Chris

DarkArctic

I used to have the single player buttons enabled on my old installation oddly enough. Don't bother pressing them because single player maps don't exist.

-DarkArctic

n2

umm actually, yes there is single player, you simply use PODbots and enjoy.

OP
jbslow

jbslow

Well @$*%. The software bundle from ati left me hangin...CounterStrike , DeathMatch Classic , Half-Life Deathmatch , Half-Life uplink and Team Fortress classic all multiplayer. Half-Life Uplink does have a short demo which was pretty cool but I want more. So Half-Life is there a paticular version I should look into? What about CS: Condition Zero?

Chris-the dude

This should give you your half-life fix. You want the game of the year edition. This one is 30 bucks.
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=643039

You can search around for a better price if you want. This is just the first place I know of.

Half Life is a few years old though. To really take advantage of your 8500 and XP1600+, I reccomend Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Max Payne.

Chris-the dude:cool:

Last edited:

CSaddict

If you are looking for a single player game like CS you should down load Tactical Ops. Its an add on for UT and it has bot support so you can play solo.