• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why does the clock go far ahead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have no idea. Right now the clock at the bottom of the screen is in sync with my windows clock which I know is correct except for the need to convert from GMT to EST.

The clock is probably in sync with an atomic clock (if you have a newer version of windows, it's probably syncing the time on you PC to the time online), thats probably why it appears a different time.

Also- make sure that your CMOS battery is OK. It may need replacing.

Disable windows time synchronization and set the clock to the proper time. I hate this feature, as it always jumps 7 or 8 minutes ahead of the actual time for me. :mad:

Thats because you all live on the wrong time lol.

My VCR is currently at 4:42, my PC at 4:45, and my alarm at 4:51. Then I have an analog motherboard clock hanging on my wall that currently says 6 oclock and 46 seconds. There is no minute hand. LOL.

universe man, universe man. size of the entire universe man. usuually kind to smaller men. universe man, he's got a watch with a minute hand; a millenium hand; and an eon hand. when they meet it's happy land. powerful man, universe man.

Back