• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why doesnt veryone get the nf7-m?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I see that it has decent onboard video, and who uses serial ports anyway. So why does everyone get the S? Is it faster, better oc'er, what?

snvpa

most people have their own video cards already so it doesn't make sense to pay extra for something you won't use. the integrated video is a mx 420 not exactly top of the line but fine if your not going to game to heavily.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
I'll respond to your question with another question. Why doesn't everyone get the plain NF7? Who uses onboard video these days?
Actually there is an answer to your question. The latest NF7-M revision in the United States is 1.2, versus the 2.0 available with the S and vanilaa. btw, this should be in the motherboards section.

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

I figured i'd get faster results here, and egarding the 1.2 and 2.0 thing, i changd my mind. This friday im ordering as S.

fiji

ok basically because, teh m uses onboard video which is decent, but no soundstorm!!!

the s has soundstorm, which is like buying a audigy2 soundcard and getting a sweet mobo wth it

JungleMan

fiji said:
ok basically because, teh m uses onboard video which is decent, but no soundstorm!!!

the s has soundstorm, which is like buying a audigy2 soundcard and getting a sweet mobo wth it

the SoundStorm audio, in analog output mode, couldn't comapre to a regular Audigy let alone Audigy 2. Analog out on NVIDIA boards sucks.

Anyway, the NF7-M and NF7-S are about the same price, but the S includes Soundstorm and SATA instead of onboard video. Since nobody really needs the onboard video, it's better to just take the Soundstorm and SATA.

maxima88

Yuriman said:
I figured i'd get faster results here, and egarding the 1.2 and 2.0 thing, i changd my mind.

You still have to follow the forum rules when you are posting. If everybody does what you did because they wanted to get faster results it would be one big mess here. Rules were made to be followed, not broken.

Please post in the appropriate forum next time.

Anyway, g/l with your NF7-S .

Last edited:

john240sx

JungleMan said:

the SoundStorm audio, in analog output mode, couldn't comapre to a regular Audigy let alone Audigy 2. Analog out on NVIDIA boards sucks.

and your basing this on what? two weeks before i bought my NF7-S i got an audigy, after trying both i stuck with the soundstorm.

JungleMan

john240sx said:

and your basing this on what? two weeks before i bought my NF7-S i got an audigy, after trying both i stuck with the soundstorm.
I'm basing this on owning a set of Klipsch 4.1, an Audigy, and an NF7-S.

Maybe on a crappy set of $5 Labtec you won't notice, but on a real speaker system, you'll notice a heck of a difference like I did.

Analog out on SoundStorm is worse than Audigy, nuff said. Digital out on Soundstorm rocks, yes, but not analog...

Also, I love how people bash Creative's drivers, when I had an absolute ***** of a time with the Soundstorm drivers, yet none with Creative's? Interesting...