• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why Everyone should buy Thermalright

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Ok, its christmas day and my girlfriend hands me my present. Its very heavy, and unsure of what it is I tear the wrapping paper off, hands shaking with excitement. To my delight its the Thermalright SLK947 (the SP97 isnt available in the UK yet) that iv been talking about for ages, bought because shes fed up with me moaning about our rediculously high temps (and worried about me constantly cutting holes in our XaserIII as a cheaper alternative).
That afternoon we tear off my old Thermaltake Volcano 11 and fit this beautiful new copper giant, complemented by a 92mm Vantec Tornado and home made duct, and, firing her up, wait to see what slight improvement this may have made to our system temperatures......
All I can say is WOW! Everyone should buy Thermalright!!
With my TT Volcano 11 I was idling at 42-45 degs, hitting 65 degs under full load.
Now I idle at 29 degs, and only managed to hit 43 degs after 24 hours of prime 95!!!
If your looking for the ultimate air cooling you already know who to buy....

Vrykyl

P.S - A Special Mention To archilochus (aka The FanMan) and baltoos For Advising Me In My Choice Of Upgrade, My Thanks As Always.

archilochus

THE Senior FANMAN
You are welcome Vrykyl. I know these are the best cooling products available in air cooling. Its nice to see someone so happy.Thats what its all about,trying to help people.When you are happy I am happy for you.It may go even lower after the AS 5 sets up.This requires 200 hours of thermal cycling.Thats if you used the AS 5. THE FANMAN:cool:

OP
Vrykyl

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
Yeh I used AS5, wasnt sure how long it takes to kick in but now I know

n3xu5

thermalright has been one of the best in the cooling industry for some time now and i've always favored them. Ever wonder why some of their products are so hard to find? Cause they are usually sold out :D

Agent_Mull

Ya. Im getting a thermalright 700 after i write all my thankyou letters and get my checks cashed for xmas. but i dont know what fan to get.

Agent_Mull

lol, are panflows good. also i think Thermalright could sell an aluminium foil ball and still make atleast a quarter of a mil off it.

edit: arg, i cant find tornados on coolerguys.com

Sir Barton

you got a killer HS there Vrykyl. you got a huge temp difference. i on the other hand bought a 900A for $25, and its not so bad itself. i didnt get as much of a temp reduction as you did, but mine went down about 7C with generic silver TIM. i have since added AS5 and its just starting to break in, so im kind of unsure of what my temps are. i coupled mine with a 48cfm 92mm sunon and a 92mm x 25mm fan spacer that i had made from an old fan. working good, but not excellent. my new case is in some serious need of modding.

k3nshin

i bieleve you can fit a 80mm fan on a 700, you just have to bend the wires a bit.

and i would get a smart fan 2 just because you will probably hate the noise of the tornado

Redstone

Thermalright does make a great product, however my heastsink has been going strong at 29c idle for six months now on the same original application of Arctic Alumnia. I have never seen the temps get above 42c using CPU Burn and that's with a Panaflo L1A(winter) or M1A(summer). Point being there are still a few other good heatsink makers out there besides Thermalright.

OP
Vrykyl

Vrykyl

Tornado Guy
the noise of the 92mm tornado isnt that bad....i dont really notice it, and for 120cfm the cooling power is worth the noise.
However the reason i dont notice it may be because all 7 of my Xaser silent fans have been replaced with TT smart case fan2s, plus there are 2more smart case fan2s on my gpu and two 120mm (190cfm) vantec tornados mounted on the case floor and on a HDD mount, all running at maximum....no fan controllers here
i measured the noise of my pc from 1m away with a db monitor and it comes out t 74db!!! Anyone else have a noisier pc?!!!!
Post if you do!!

Vrykyl

n3xu5

Vrykyl said:
the noise of the 92mm tornado isnt that bad....i dont really notice it, and for 120cfm the cooling power is worth the noise.
However the reason i dont notice it may be because all 7 of my Xaser silent fans have been replaced with TT smart case fan2s, plus there are 2more smart case fan2s on my gpu and two 120mm (190cfm) vantec tornados mounted on the case floor and on a HDD mount, all running at maximum....no fan controllers here
i measured the noise of my pc from 1m away with a db monitor and it comes out t 74db!!! Anyone else have a noisier pc?!!!!
Post if you do!!

Vrykyl

WOW, now thats a noisy computer!! bet it sounds like a Harrier doing touch and go when you turn it on lol. I couldnt handle that not me no no :D