• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I Will Never Buy Kingmax Ram Again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Decaf

I had some problems with my pc2700 (tiny BGA) RAM which has a lifetime warranty. Got 400+ errors in about an hour of testing with memtest86.
I emailed the support person who's listed on the Kingmax website and got no response after more than two weeks. I then emailed the U.S. distributor on how I can get warranty service. No response from him either. Absolutely nothing!
These people and this company sucks.
Anyone else having/had problems with Kingmax? Who did you contact?

:mad:

That's pretty sad.. I was actually quite happy with my kingmax, but then again it's still working. My pc2700 (that was among the first ones to come out) runs up to 170 with turbo settings (cas 2) and up to 190 spd!

I had trouble with two sticks of Kingmax PC2700 last year. I phoned their tech support (which is in Industry, CA about 10 miles from my house) and they told me I'd have to return it to the vendor. Grrr. It took some fast talking to get the original vendor to exchange it but they finally did. The new RAM was OK but I sold it because I didn't want to have to dela with worthless tech support in the future.

That's why I Corsair or Mushkin for OCing RAM and Crucial for normal RAM. You just can't beat the tech support from these three outfits.

I got a stick of ddr333 for ab out $100 a year ago from newegg. Put a heatspreader on it to find out it never even ran at ddr333 speeds. Just about 15 minutes ago it stopped working altogether. Good times. Gonna order some mushkin in a little bit.

Back