• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why is 1.4 more than 1700+ $$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
Not sure as far as the pricing.

But the 1700+ is a much better choice, and it's a lot better.

asj

I noticed that ages ago and Iam still ?????? clueless! lol! the XP's are the better chip! I think the tbirds cost more to the retailers to buy so they can't just lower the price and make a loss! and since the xp's are doing well anyway whats the point!

Norrko

The T-birds are no longer produced and there's people that could only run T-birds in their motherboards. Why is EDO memory more expensive than SDram... The same type of question and same type of answer...

/Norrko

Lithan

Disabled
Yep... I remember when 128megs of 168pin sdram was around 40$ and 32megs of 72pin edo was around 60$

timmyqwest

Disabled
It's because they dont want you buying the old shtuff, they want you to buy the new schtuff...

my 200,000,000 cents

modenaf1

altec said:

Do they really? Thats incredible...but Intel does always overprice by quite a bit :p.

id say they overprice by a huge s***load!!!!!! Im never going back to intel!!! who buys from them anyways? I am a diehard AMD person, so even if AMD's were the same price as intel, id still go AMD. The average prices off 1.2Ghz P4's are still like 200 dollars. when they came out they were like 800 :eek: I think AMd is now charging about the same as intel when they come out with the latest and greatest ($400-600) but they drop real quik and the intels stay up there.

altec

polka dot ninja
If they were the same price I would probably go Intel, because of their brute force...but it would take some serious thought...I don't know if I could just turn my back on AMD like that, they have served me so well. :)

modenaf1

altec said:
If they were the same price I would probably go Intel, because of their brute force...but it would take some serious thought...I don't know if I could just turn my back on AMD like that, they have served me so well. :)

so if an intel 1.7 was the same exact price as a 1700 you would go for the 1.7? I wouldnt.

OP
LilBuddy

LilBuddy

i am pretty loyal to AMD. my computers i have had are:

AMD:
486 DX 4/100
K6 166
K6 2 450
K6 2 475 (laptop)
T-Bird 1.4

Intel:
NONE

asj

Ive had a mixture of both! Well my mum and dad have bought Intel. And I bought AMD at like half the price with twice the power!