• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is this? KT7a-R question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
J

joey

Why will my system start and run at 143 fsb * 5.5 but not at 133 *6?. I know that the former is better but why is this? Thanks.

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
I'd like to know also, as I saw similar behavior when I was experimenting this past weekend. I was running solid at 8.5 x 130 +4, but could not run solid at 8.5 x 133. Admittedly I have two different 128M no-name PC133 CAS3 rated sticks and was running them at CAS2, but it was still a wierd experience. My 256M PC150 CAS2 stick should be waiting for me when I get home this afternoon and I will see if this still happens.

Hoot

jmr89gt

Registered
joey (Mar 28, 2001 06:31 a.m.):
Why will my system start and run at 143 fsb * 5.5 but not at 133 *6?. I know that the former is better but why is this? Thanks.

Can you run it at any fsb with a 6 multiplier? such as 6x100? If you cant then you probably need to re-unlock your cpu. I am pretty sure it is possible to not unlock it completely if you dont cover every bridge good enough.

Eriksson

Yup.. My Abit KT7A-R did a lot of strange things with bad pencil work on the L1's..actually ended up with non functioning bios chip.. had to hotflash my Bios on my "old faithful" KT7-R board. Not actually something you want to to every day.

Ergo---> Check your pencil work.

OP
J

joey

Success!!! I repainted the original copper defroster paint and it seems to have squared things away.
Thanks for the help.