• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why my WinXP does this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Makkarah

Ok so I got a new mobo, Epox 8KHA+ for overclocking purposes.
I reinstalled WinXP also since it didn't boot after mobo change.
It works fine, until I decide to boost some juice out of comp ( FSB overclock )

So I hit 140 FSB since it worked nicely before using it. Well, Windows doesn't load, just reports a blue screen with some error, then I try lower FSB, 136, and same thing.

I get Windows to load only on 133 FSB... So no overclocking for me I guess... -_-

I don't know anything about the Epox 8KHA+, but I am almost psoitive that one or two or more of your settings are not right in the BIOS...I wouldn't blame it on XP...also, if you posted this in the Epox Motherboard section, someone there could help you w/ the settings ;)

takiwa said:
I don't know anything about the Epox 8KHA+, but I am almost psoitive that one or two or more of your settings are not right in the BIOS...I wouldn't blame it on XP...also, if you posted this in the Epox Motherboard section, someone there could help you w/ the settings ;)

Ok thx I'll try that. I hope I get this fixed.

Back