• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why not action half-life?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blackearth

why does everybody like CS? theres only about 10 diff server to choose from for ahl, and about 2000 for CS. why?? CS is just not that much fun. how is it possibly be more fun the constant, non-stop, akimbo-pistol wielding, action? visually it does look a little better sometimes (smoother animation). but can you dive through windows? backwards? can you dive and roll under somebody's firing pistol and throw a knife into his head? does it have the boondock saints? does it have tony from hardboiled and any of your other favorite action stars? i think the answer to all of these questions is no. so what does that mean? go play ahl!! seriously though, why dont you play it and how is CS better. post your response please.

Zuck Gou :)

I agree, not enough ppl give AHL a chance.

I've quit playing it lately due to lack of servers. Went back to AQ2 :)

*JEREMY*

I played it alot when if first came out but theres just not many people that play now,me and a friend play it every once in awhile .I liked hl pro too but now many people that that either.I have been playing alot of OZ lately.

h20link

haven't tried it yet, i'll fire it up tonight.....I've been playing frontline force, though, and it's a blast. Teamwork's much better, too bad nobody plays it.

Zuck Gou :)

When FLF was first released it was all I played, like 8 hours a day. I loved it so much. I can't remember why I quit playing it.

WeaponX

I found AHL to be fun but also somewhat akward when I first played it. I am a CS regular and the whole action thing was sorta weird. The guns are also very limited in AHL which I hated. I like more diversity like in CS, or better Global Ops. AHL is fun and I do play it occasionally, but CS is just a lot more addictive.

OP
Blackearth

Blackearth

WeaponX said:
I found AHL to be fun but also somewhat akward when I first played it. I am a CS regular and the whole action thing was sorta weird. The guns are also very limited in AHL which I hated. I like more diversity like in CS, or better Global Ops. AHL is fun and I do play it occasionally, but CS is just a lot more addictive.

wait, have you d/l'd beta 5? before beta 4 action halflife pretty much sucked. . . ahl has a good # of weapons. . . i personally find the diving addictive. ii dive everywhere now, at home, at school, at work. man, my ribs sure are gettin sore. . .but its worth. . .nothing beats random diving for no reason