• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wich one is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eab

Wich one of these two video cards is better?

Geforce 2 mx 400 64mb sdram

ATI Radeon 7000 64M DDR

I really don't know but I am gussing the ATI cause of the DDR ram.

Oh main purpose of the card would be to play games.

I am on a budget and I found these two cards cheap so wich is better?

DanFraser

The ATI, but not by much... The DDR is the major factor, but the drivers for that card are a bit, erm, shaky...

But scout around, you may find a bargain (but not 'Eballs')

funnyperson1

umm...if there is any mention of VE or Dual Monitor on that 7000, avoid it like the plague! run little child!

the VE has no HW T&L making it suck worse than an MX200....but you can prolly find a GTS for 40$ if you look at "Eballs" lol

toastedzergling

The radeon is better, but both are them are ancient technology, unless you play [email protected]*480 only I suggest get at least a Geforce 2 GTS/Ti/Ultra, Geforce 4 MX or Radeon 7500. Dx 8 cards such as Geforce 3 Ti or ATI Radeon 8500 should be the best bang for buck solution now.

baqai

depends on how much you can pay, i think it would be probably better if you go for a geforce2 gts or ultra, but like i said depends on how much you are willing to spend, also your system specs would help

quegyboe

You guys are crazy to recommend the ATI! The Radeon 7000 is the VE, which is a horrible gaming card. That DDR ram is 64bit, so it equals the bandwidth of 128 SDR, and the Radeon 7000 doesn't have hardware T&L. The MX400 has 128bit SDR memory. The MX400 also has hardware T&L. Get the MX400!!!

Cisco Kid

quegyboe said:
You guys are crazy to recommend the ATI! The Radeon 7000 is the VE, which is a horrible gaming card. That DDR ram is 64bit, so it equals the bandwidth of 128 SDR, and the Radeon 7000 doesn't have hardware T&L. The MX400 has 128bit SDR memory. The MX400 also has hardware T&L. Get the MX400!!!

imho the mx400 or any mx cards are crap for what they cost

cisco kid

funnyperson1

quegyboe is right, the 7000/VE has no hardware T&L so its basically an overclocked Rage Fury Pro......the MX400 is the better card, but i agree with cisco....for a little more you can get a much better bang for buck...