• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wide aspect ratio video cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mars

can someone point me in the right direction? i'm looking for a card that will display in wide format and normal aspect ratio. is this a driver thing? i have a gforce2 MX that doesnt seem to have an adjustment for this function. -- cost is not an object (it's for one of my company's 58" plasma displays) -- thanx in advance for any help!

Nvidia's geforce line won't workp, but I do think Matrox or Radeons will support this.

Check their site for specs on their cards.

**Update, The Matrox G450 card does support wide screen TV out, as well as a wide screen out for a flatscreen monitor. The Matrox are tops in 2D display, and they're not too much money.

I think I saw a Plasm card, and a 3D Oxygen, but they are probably out of most people's price ranges.

Call matrox and find out for sure if that cards supports what you need.

killer! thanx for the info; i just ordered a G450 w/32mg DDR for $115 bucks! - i had almost given up on finding something suitable for under $850. This will mean serious points w/ the Boss. If it works.

Back