• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wierd memory performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spannen

Registered
minne.jpg

Hi!
On every other system the first score is about 200p more than the second. But not on my system. Do any oh you guys know why? I have An Asus A7M266 Motherboard, 512Mb PC2100 and a athlon 1400mHZ.
No matther how much i o/c, the missing 200mb/s is still there.

Welcome to the forum...

Have you tweaked the memory timings in Bios?
What's your settings?

Give us some more info...

/Norrko
PS. Sweden is a cold and dark place to live in nowadays... I know... ;) BS

Hi norrko!
Yep, i have tweaked the memory as much as i can.
There are three settings in my bios, and all of them are set to 2T.
There are something like: Cas latency, RAS to CAS delay and then one more thing which i cant remember.

I have tried to pull out one of my memory modules, but that does not help. The memory i use is one Samsung 256MB cas2.5 module, and one Micron 256mb cas2.5. But they run fine at cas2.

I have some old via 3in1 (yes 3in1) and the amdminiport driver.
I have tried to upgrade the via with a new 4in1, but still the same.

Yes, it is very cold and dark here in sweden. The rain has been falling all day long :(

Ok... Latest bios? latest drivers?

[not computer related] Where do you live in Sweden? [/not computer related]

/Norrko

Norrko said:
Ok... Latest bios? latest drivers?

[not computer related] Where do you live in Sweden? [/not computer related]

/Norrko

I live in Blekinge/Karlskrona :)
Do you think that new bios will help?
I have the bios that came with the mobo when i bought it 2 years ago :D

Off topic: Are you going to Dreamhack?

New bios... probably...
But I think that you can blame your low mem-scores on the AMD chipset... You can see for yourself what a improvement Via made with the KT266A chipset. So... Bios upgrade... yes! Great improvement om mem-score... I don't know... But it's worth a try...

Off topic... Noop. Working, working, working.... It would be fun to see Microsoft's own Gestapo checking all computers for Illegal copies... why else would they be at a LAN... ;)

More off topic... Norrkoping by the way...

/Norrko

Back