• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wifi V Data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,

Which has better security on a mobile phone linked to a tablet for an online connection and browsing? A Data connection via blutooth or a WIFI connection?

I have a fairview of wifi and have implemented same, a Data connection though Im not so good re security. FYI Purevpn always on.

All good advice welcome.

Berne

Google Slate Chromebook

I'm not an expert on the security side of things, but I guess bluetooth is a shorter range connection, so someone would have to be physically closer to you to snoop packets if they wanted to?

It's the vpn that's your 'security'. How you use it is up to you. Bluetooth, imo, would actually be easier to crack, if for instance a bt scanner/logger were placed nearby. A regular wifi hotspot with a strong password should be more difficult even with snooping. Not to say the wifi can't be brute force hacked given weak passwords but is this really your concern? The vpn is your real security as it's the gateway for any and all data. ProtonVPN always on too.

Back