• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a 2600+ XP work with my 8KHA+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mag22

Registered
I've visited Epox, and from what I could understand there are two revisions of the 8KHA+ board, and each has it's own BIOS. One could be updated to accomodate the new .13 XP's and the other could not... anyone have an experience with this yet? I'd like to swap my 1800+ out for a 2600+....Thanks for your help!

wildfrogman

I would hope this board supports the newer athlonXP chips. I think all you need is to update the bios so it can sense the multiplier. If the newer cpus run at 166 fsb you would either need to unlock the cpu or overclock your fsb so you get the same speed you paid for.

EluSiOn

i have swap my amd xp 1600 to amd xp 2400 and yes... Epox 8kha+ does support AMD XP 2600+ with the FBS 266 mhz version (2600 came in two version: 266 and 333). All you need to do is to update your bios to the latest version of the Bios date 9/3/2002 beta. It works for me although after i update the bios I need to reset the CMOS by jumpers in order to get my machine to boot or otherwise my AMD XP 2400+ wont work on this Mobo

OP
M

Mag22

Registered
Thanks for your help guys! I'm going to order a new CPU before the New Year, so you've made my shopping easier.

wildfrogman

Ah,helps me also, i ordered a epox 8kha+ from newegg scratch and dent section sold as dead and for parts. 10 bucks and that included shipping....so i gave it a shot was able to find out what was wrong and revive it! It is so much better doing everything in the bios than jumpers......heheh most all my board i have had before were mostly jumper settings or had all bios setting but didnt overclock good. Thanks for the info on the 8kha+ and the 2600+.