• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will an Epson CX11N work with Ubuntu Linux?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Staz

Hey everyone. I was going to buy my wife a multifunction color laser printer for Christmas. I wanted to get her an Epson AcuLaser CX11N, but I need to know if it will work with her OS. She has switched to Ubuntu. Just this morning Avasys PIPS has added support for this printer. However under the distribution category Ubuntu is not listed. If I check other it gives me a bunch of dowloads. First set is " Download for AcuLaser CX11 for CUPS" and it gives me a choice of Turbo/Redhat/Fedora or SuSE/Mandriva. (BTW every download has these 2 versions). Other downloads availible are:

Download for AcuLaser CX11 for LPR
Download for AcuLaser CX11 (for gcc 3.4 or later)
Download for AcuLaser CX11 (for gcc 3.2/3.3)

Here is the download page http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_mfp.html

Right now I do not need to know to make it work. I just need to know a) It will definately work or b) it probibly will work or c) it might work or d) it definately won't work.

Thnx in advance
Staz

Ubuntu is based on Debian, which is included in their distro list.

If something works for one version/type of distro of Linux it will also work on others. The question is only how hard it is to get it to work. But technically it can work without a doubt.

Thnx

I will have to trust you since on 3 forums you are the only one who responded (except for the guy who told me to check the hardware compatibility list). Thnx, and I may be back after Christmas for some more advice on how to make it work.

Once again, thank you.

Back