• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will an old Danger Den TDX handle a 670gtx heat load .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Im in the process of rebuilding my pc , will my old block handle the heat from my 670 . I have 2 of these one with the adapter plate for skt 775 . I would like to get my Card back on water so im hoping it will be fine.
PhotoPictureResizer_160110_002150854-1200x2133.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe, give it a try! Nice to see DD mentioned, nice great people back in the early days of watercooling. They dropped out due to his wife passing from Cancer. My sig pic is one of their reses.

I'd worry about enough physical coverage on a modern GPU chip, they are BIG!

I used the plexi topped tdx on an ati 4890 which has a higher tdp than the 670, with fantastic results. But as conundrum said, make sure it has good coverage on the core and make sure the core isnt lower than the shim around it or you will need a copper shim to fill the gap.

Small update going to be running water on the card for sure. Found a Swift tec apogee gt with a g80 adapter plate
With some small screws from a danger den maze4 it fit nice and even has clearance for ram sinks
IMG_20160110_123452106-1600x900.jpg IMG-20160110-WA0002.jpeg

Back