• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will ATX motherboard fit in dell 4550 cas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
A friend of Mine Has a Dell 4550 Desktop. he wants to Upgrade his whole Pc with New motherboard and All. for some reason he likes the case of teh dell and wants to keep it. Does dell yuo a propryitary form factor or will any ATX Mobo fit in there

dicecca112

they use a motherboard with holes that are not standard. No motherboard other than a dell will fit in there, as far as I know.

Mark620

Just make it fit. Add the holes you need. Just dont forget the new powersupply ;)

anwar1337

those holes look normal to me if u see those screws they line up to be the same ones on my soyo mobo theres 3 on the right 3 on the left and 3 in hte middle i think it would fit :D

scottmso

Registered
Dell does not use standard connectors for the front panel connectors/buttons/lights; they use one ribbon cable rather than a bunch of small cables. And I don't think Dell released the pinouts for it. So you may want a new case too.