• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will better cooling get rid of artifacts/ checkerboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikapc

Unfortunately the 9500np I bought gets a fair amount of artifacts when I use the 9500->(9700 or 9800) mod which really sucks (although 3dmark doesn't seem to care hehe =) I was wondering though if I provided better cooling maybe those artifacts would go away? If not I might just see if I could sell this card on ebay and try my luck again.

OP
M

mikapc

Really? That's great news for me as already brought a set of tweakmonster ramsinks which as well as a thermaltake crystal orb. I do wonder though at least as far as the new fan replacement is concerned whether it would of much benefit as the stock cooling seems to be pretty good on the card.

tweaker

The stock cooling is NEVER enough! Our system has done better and better the more action we took to increase cooling. We now have A MAZE2 proc water block with the extra copper plate for the peltier sandwiched in between the waterblock and the copperplate that fits onto the cpu. This is a great looking and functional block. We also made a block for the Northbridge, and also one for the Radeon 9500pro video card. (Also put a heat sink on the Southbridge too!) We haven't tested with the pelt yet, the waterproofing is setting up currently but if my facts are in order, All of this cooling will allow this beast to ROCK on the speed subject. Will fill ya in later on the newest benchmarks with comparisons on the old temps and speeds.

Good luck and have a great week!

q149

NO, it won't help. Only if you flashed the bios or overclocked. He is getting artifacts from the 9500 > 9700 mod he said... if you flashed to a 9700 bios maybe, if you just did the mod than cooling won't help.