• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will there be any X570 Micro-ATX boards with SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsertNameHere

Registered
I was planning to build a custom micro Atx case for when the new x570 boards roll out.

However I have put the plan on hold as I have not seen any quality x470 boards with SLI comparability.

I was thinking to turn to Intel however none of the newer boards on that side have SLI either.

At the moment I have been planing a move to a fractal design nano S.

And just completed stage 2 of a mock up build using the family pc.

No idea... perhaps something down the line. But that said, multi-GPU is a dieing technology. At this point, sell your two cards and get a single one. Less hassle, heat mitigation and power use all around.

The better question is, "Will there be any mATX X570 motherboards period?" That I know of there is only one mATX X570 motherboard on the market to date.

Micro ATX is not much smaller than the ATX. Actually, most mATX cases are barely smaller than small ATX towers (which are still large enough for pretty much everything). Unless you want to build a cube PC then better just grab something good in ATX format.
ITX is also not always the best option as if you want better cooling and better performing components then you end up with a pretty big case.

As trents said, there is only 1 mATX motherboard on the X570 chipset and there are mixed reviews. Probably will be more on lower AMD chipsets soon but I have no idea what motherboards will be released.
I stick with the STX one from ASUS - Crosshair VIII Impact. It's highly overpriced and is a bit weird, for sure is overkill in this format but I wanted the best board I can for tests and other things I do.

I have a mini itx board X470-I Strix and nearly everything ready to move to the Nano S.

I’m going to keep the Matx case and all the custom panels and radiators. I will just build the nano S for know. And see what happens in the future.

I put ASUS Impact X570 + 3900X +GTX1660Ti into this case (white) - https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=54 There are also 2x M.2 SSD +Enermax 650W SFX Gold 80+ PSU.
I couldn't find anything smaller with a quite good airflow and support for a larger CPU cooler (as the heat is the main issue on Ryzen 3000). 3900X under full load is on the edge of throttling so 3950X would be already too much.
If I decided on a 200W+ graphics card then I would have to get at least something like NZXT H200/210 which is much larger but also not so big comparing to other "gaming" ITX cases.

Many ITX motherboards support risers. For that is required option in BIOS to split x16 PCIe into two x8. Installing two cards on a riser can be also tricky. Every motherboard supports Crossfire and most should work in SLI even if the motherboard has no info about it.

Back