• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will there be any Xeon w/800 fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I was just curios, since xeon's are primarely 400 or 533 fsb, if Intel has any plans to launch an 800 fsb series?

I'm merely browsing around, slowly getting an impression on what kinda system I'll be getting next, and a dual xeon might be in the target zone, as my job will be picking up the bill.

Cheers, Flix

When the next gen of proc's come out they will probably have a 800fsb server board and the xeons to go with it. Also you should take note of the PC-DL from asus since it can run at 800fsb and you can drop the multi's on Xeons to take advantage of the increased speed. There are also quite a few M0 stepping 2.4ghz Xeons kicking around and they aren't that expensive since they are the low end Xeons now. But they should be able to overclock quite high.

Yup the new Nocona Xeons were released very recently. They're based on the Prescott cores but apparently run alot cooler, they support the newer HT support, and are 800FSB.

was about to say Intel is dropping or did some time ago, the p4 based line of xeon's and coming out with the new CPU design for the xeon's.

Yup, makes a good bargain when buying the older ones, which of course thorugh modfication can be made to run at 800FSB anyway - I'll bet the new ones will be rather quick though :)

Back